View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Has anyone been out to the Loch Venacher/Queen Elizabeth Forest area? There must be some good walking there.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 10:55 AM
I organised one of the first Dogsey walks (it seems a long time ago now!) at John Muir Country Park at Dunbar. It is a great place to walk with a wide open beach, as well as forest tracks, plenty of parking etc.

Not sure how far it would be for all the folks interested though? If the walk is near enough to me I would love to come too.
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-01-2011, 11:41 AM
As long as I'm not working and able to get there (no car ) we'll come!

John Muir would be good for us cos I can get a bus along... But I'd find a way to get to other places I'm sure

xoxox
Dieseldaft
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-01-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm happy to travel to Dunbar think it's only about an hour from me? I have heard of John muir park but never been. Just wondering how easy it would b for folks that live more Glasgow way and were hoping to come?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Dieseldaft View Post
I'm happy to travel to Dunbar think it's only about an hour from me? I have heard of John muir park but never been. Just wondering how easy it would b for folks that live more Glasgow way and were hoping to come?
It would take you more than an hour I think. You're looking at a good half hour from say the straiton turning on the Edinburgh by-pass (about due south of Edinburgh). lovely walk but it probably is too far for those further west. Definitely a location for those of us able to get to the east side though.

There's Beescraig (though this can be quite busy if its a nice day) and Blackness (but last time we went there (over 18 months ago) we all got attacked by wasps and I haven't been back since!

Also not a bad walk not far from Linlithgow. I always forget the name of the place but it has a few farm attached to it.

I did a walk by Loch Ard in the Elizabeth Forest - very nice depending on the weather, but again involves a bit of travel.

Hadn't heard of the other place you mentioned - Devilla Forest. Just looked it up and its for cyclists too which I always find a bit of a pain when you've got dogs (particularly if there is a lot of us). Mind you, Beescraig is for cyclists too, though you don't get to see so many.

There's also the John Clark Estate just outside Penicuik. Plenty to explore, but it can get really muddy/slippery in the winter if you want to do the more interesting parts of the estate.
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Well I spoke to my mum today and she's up for a bit of driving if she's available as she does like a good walk so just pick a date and place and I'll see what I can do

xoxox
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Although Devilla is marked as having cycle trails, it's not extensively developed is the same way as Glentress, Ae etc (7 stanes).

Pittmedden (near Auchtermuchty) also has marked cycle trails, but also has an excellent network for walking the dogs.

It's also "relatively" central.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Hali - Muiravonside nr linlithgow ?

and whilst me and grumpy would love to come, not sure i could with my clingon baby who refuses to take a bottle, so she couldnt stay with her daddy!! and not sure bruno would behave himself with buggy and loads of dogs
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
Robyn if your really stuck depending on where we're going, I may be able to give you a lift if you like?

Only have the wee 206 lol but should be able to fit them all in lol. Meant to be getting insured on the jeep so may have that by then

I would love a beach walk but its probably still a bit cold
Thats would be great.

Could stay at my OH's as he stays nearer your area
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-01-2011, 04:10 PM
I have a week of holibobs from work the week of the 6th Feb... Will find out my mum's shifts to see if the car is available for further afield but will definitely be heading to John Muir at some point if anyone is up for joining us/suggesting another walk?

xoxox
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >