View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Would also like to include my mum,sister,niece,nephew and all my friends.They all helped me when i was diagnosed with testicular cancer 3 years ago.Brilliant family and brilliant friends are sometimes hard to find,but im lucky.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Would also like to include my mum,sister,niece,nephew and all my friends.They all helped me when i was diagnosed with testicular cancer 3 years ago.Brilliant family and brilliant friends are sometimes hard to find,but im lucky.

Oh Steve how terrible for you, are you okay now Yes its good to have family at times like these isn't it
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Im fine now-just minus one piece of tackle!
doglover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2005, 10:04 PM
awwww steve how awful it's important to have family and friends around
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2005, 11:01 PM
Oh well thats a relief then, must have been pretty scary at the time though
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2005, 11:13 PM
For me it has to be all those that laid down their lives during WW2 to allow us to live in the country we do today. Many of them in their 80s feel forgotten now.
doglover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 09:45 AM
oh yes i agree totally with u ripsnorter. if it weren't for them i think we wouldn't exist or if we did then we would be speaking german. my grandads were in WW2. one of them was prisoner of war camp. one was in the RAF and the other was in the army.
Hamstaff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2005, 09:49 AM
Sorry to hear about your grandfather Hamstaff, he sounded a really special person. I wish I had had grandparents (they all died before I was born - I think they knew I was coming ) it would have been nice

Thanks Foxy, he was special you're right.
grandparents are great, they can truly enjoy their grandchidren without all hte stress and responsibility of parenthood, I can't wait to be able to play with a lovely ickle baba and then be able to hand it back when it has a poo!!!!!!!!
Sian
Hamstaff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2005, 09:50 AM
For me it has to be all those that laid down their lives during WW2 to allow us to live in the country we do today. Many of them in their 80s feel forgotten now.

Well said Ripsnorter, many people have no inkling of what that generation went through. The sacrifices made, both physical and material to ensure the future of all of our families.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 09:51 AM
The lady who had the biggest impact was called Theresa, the most patient, wise and kind woman who taught me and many others the value of life, love, patience and appreciating living a life free from restrictions.

Followed by my OH who has the most amazing positive can do attitude that I've seen to date, and a creative talent that is just amazing...

And my Grannie who regardless of being 97 is bright as a button and still gives me advice today...love the fact she doesn't know what the internet is...as far as she knows I'm sending her letters that the nurse reads out to her from a screen ahhh love my gran

xi
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >