View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kiwijan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-09-2006, 03:02 PM
Yes - this all started last week when we had a very long and loud thunderstorm and then the weekend fireworks - he must think that once it gets dark the noises will start. I'm not a drug person either but if things don't improve over the next few weeks I think we will get something from the vet for Nov 5. I tell you - having dogs is worse than kids!! But in the meantime will try all yours and the others' tips.

PS: I've been feeling out of sorts all day after reading the sad news of Shadowboxer's passing!!
kiwijan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Thanks Lizziel - I hope it won't take us as long to get his confidence back - we have been making a fuss and comforting him so will try and tone this down a bit. Good luck to you too on Nov 5 - they should ban all fireworks except for organised displays - have done so down under for ages!
kiwijan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Last night after work we went to our local for a couple of drinks with a friend and of course Jonah. It was dark when we left but no problems walking to the car. Got home - tried to get him to go for a walk but no chance. So we both went and sat in the backyard and just chatted and out he came. We stayed out for about an hour just playing with him and throwing his kong and toys about. Really happy with that - no trembling or shaking so its a start. Will see what happens over the next few nights! Will keep you posted.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 01:01 PM
thats a fantastic improvement kiwijan, he'll get over his fear soon enough
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Brilliant - just remember not to make a fuss of him if he gets scared as that is reinforcing the idea that there is something to worry about.

We are 3 months on from Harley's scare and every day he gets a little bolder - just hope he doesn't go backwards in November
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Hi Kiwijan thats a really positive outcome, I am so pleased.
Even if Jonah is much improve I would take every precaution on November 5th .
kiwijan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Absolutely! I will let you know the outcome of Nov 5. Thanks again for your help and advice.
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2006, 06:46 AM
aww poor thing dont worry im scared off the dark too but wont hide under the bed though something else might be there
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2