View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2007, 10:02 PM
i had to do this last yr with a bitch that i took on. its one of the hardest decisions you will ever have to make

you just have to keep telling yourself that its for the best and your dogs will be alot happier and less stressed
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Although, I just discovered in the last 10 mins, we've done the whole thing wrong, we thought it was me she was jealous over, its not....its my partner!

So square one.....and a lot of supervision....can it work? If we do everything I've been doing with her, but for my partner instead?! Or should I just admit defeat?
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-02-2007, 10:31 PM
I can't help but feel for poor Tara, at 10 years having to move to a new home, breaks my heart Please do seek the help of a professional behaviourist. The Association of Pet Behaviour Counsellors 01386 751151.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2007, 10:39 PM
I have the number for a behaviourist, I love tara, I don't want to lose any of my babies....I love them all so much! xx
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Hi, i am so sorry, what an awful situation to be in. I have no advice i am afraid but wanted to wish you well with your very difficult decision.

A friend once told me that dogs are very much like humans. 2 males will fight and be best friends 24hrs later and will never remember the fight,

but women once they have fought they will never forget, it stays with them forever. I hope in your case she is wrong, but i worry she may not be. Good luck with your decision - here's hoping for a miracle.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies. This morning everything has died down, Tara even walked past Nia without growling....but I don't know how long it will last. I am going to try and get hold of someone today to talk about it....its really sad. Plus I'm not sure my friend wants her after all....

We'll see will keep you posted, thank you all again, I really appreciate your support.

xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2