View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2007, 10:17 AM
So sorry for your loss thinking of you at the emotional time.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Big hugs Kath.
I'm sure your mum knew you were there.
There was only one decision to make and you made it.
Massive hugs Kath, you knwo where i am.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Thinking of you today, hugs x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Oh Kath, that is so sad, I'm sitting here crying for your loss, what a very hard but brave decision you made.

Your mother sounded such a wonderful lady, I expect she was where you get your lovely warm, caring personality from.

My thoughts are very much with you on the anniversary of her untimely death.

Big hugs to you.

Sheree x
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Firstly, I just want to say thank you to all. I've been trying to keep myself busy posting pictures of the dogs in the early hours...but, it wasn't working and then I poured my heart out amongst the tears.

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Sorry you lost your mum so young, Kath. Mine was only 60 when she lost her life to stomach cancer in 1989.
It's very sad
Big hug honey xox
Thanks hun, sorry to hear about your mum..we feared that to as my gran (maternal died at 56 with stomach cancer..before I was born).
*hug* for you too XX

Originally Posted by jackiew View Post
Sorry for the loss of your mum

i lost my dad 5 years ago (he was 68 ) and am still not over it
doubt i ever will be, like you i cared for my dad in the hospital and never left his side for 5 days
i popped home on the sunday evening to get a shower and change of clothes, my sister and brother took over for me, i had not been in the house 20 minutes and got the call to say he had gone
it broke my heart as i felt he waited for me to leave because he knew i was the weakest one and would not have coped well, but i felt like i let him down

my deepest thoughts are with you hun
and if you wanna chat anytime we can

take care

xxxxx
Thanks you Jackie..that must have been so hard. I lost my dad too (4 years ago) but that was natural and somehow I can accept that better.
*hug* for you XX

Originally Posted by Petstalk View Post
Thoughts are with you.
Are mums are such special people.

My mum lost my grandmother suddenly at a young age, I was only 18 moths old. They were very close. The journey has been very painful but time became a healer.
Thank you..they certainly are and it feels as if everywhere you look there's someone telling you to buy your mum something special and not to forget her at the moment. I didn't know my gran as she died at 56 with stomach cancer before I was born. By all accounts she was a very special lady too!
XX

Originally Posted by Luz View Post
Oh that is so sad, Im so sorry you lost your lovely mum so young. You must of gone through hell during that time. I imagine the pain is still as intense as it was then, I just hope that time is helping to heal the hurt you obviously still feel.
I hope you manage to make it through today okay, I imagine its going to be a tough one for you.
Big hugs & all the sympathy in the world sending down your way. x
Aw thank you Laura, I don't really know just why it seems so very hard this year. Probably as Megan is starting to ask about them and it's really finally sinking in that they're not here anymore. XX

Originally Posted by Sara1210 View Post
So sorry for your loss
Thank you so much XX

Originally Posted by justlou View Post
{{{hugs}}} to you Kath X
Thanks Lou XX
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Having to make that decision must have been very difficult. I lost my mum on the 29th February 2000 to ovarian cancer, she was 57. My dad died a mere 4 years later to pancreatic cancer aged 74. The way I see it is that they aren't suffering anymore. Dying of cancer is not a nice way to go and I wouldn't wish it in my worst enemy.
Thinking of you.
Becky
Thanks Becky..that must have been so hard for you *hugs*
Sounds like you've managed to adopt a very sensible attitude instead of being a complete idiot like me.
XX

Originally Posted by cc22peatree View Post
my partnters dad passed away 2yrs ago this month.
he had lung cancer and unfortunatly spread
he passed 5 days after his 54 bday.
it still hurts just thinking about toby.
my heart goes out to u xxx
Thank you, yoiu must be feeling it too *hugs* XX

Originally Posted by novavizz View Post
Hugs to you and your family, you must have some lovely memories of your mum. Mine died when I was only 6 yrs old and I only have a few memories of her, I can only remember her being poorly, she had breast cancer. My brother was only a baby when she died, she refused treatment for Terry's sake and in those days there were no other options. I have a lovely brother though who I love dearly. You must treasure every single memory of your mum and treat this day as a celebration of her life and not an anniversary of her death. God Bless.
Thank you, what a lovely women your mum must have been and it must have been so hard for you. *hugs* xx
I know I am lucky to have had all of those years with mum, just don't know why I'm cracking up so much this year.

Originally Posted by mj View Post
So sorry for your loss thinking of you at the emotional time.
Thank you XX
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Big hugs Kath.
I'm sure your mum knew you were there.
There was only one decision to make and you made it.
Massive hugs Kath, you knwo where i am.
Thanks Ailsa XX, I sure do.
Originally Posted by random View Post
Thinking of you today, hugs x
Thank you so much XX
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Oh Kath, that is so sad, I'm sitting here crying for your loss, what a very hard but brave decision you made.

Your mother sounded such a wonderful lady, I expect she was where you get your lovely warm, caring personality from.

My thoughts are very much with you on the anniversary of her untimely death.

Big hugs to you.

Sheree x
Thanks Sheree, No, my mum was fantastic, I'm just a wuss.
Thank you for your kind words and thoughts though XX
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

02-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Hi Kathy It must have been horrible for you and no one who hasn't had to go through switching off a life-support machine will really understand just how you felt and still feel. Comforting cuddles coming your way. So sorry that you had to face this, but as someone else said try to think of today as a celebration of your mum's life and not the anniversary of her death. Sounds like your mum was a really wonderful person so you have lots to celebrate. My thoughts are with you and yours at this time. If you wan't to talk I am just at the end of the phone. Take care/ Love Eunice xx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2007, 11:58 AM
You're not an idiot Kath nor a wuss!, everyone takes as long as they take to grieve and I feel that some people just don't understand that. Some can get up and get on with their lives in a matter of months but I think in reality it takes most of us many years to adjust to losing someone you love.
You take as long as you need to.
Take care.
Becky
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2007, 12:02 PM
i second that
you are deff no wuss

i was on wednesday at my uni interview though

the reason i want to go into nursing/midwifery is because i cared for my dad for 2 years before he left us
it was the most fulfilling 2 years of my life,not just because he was my dad but because i was doing someone so nice for another human being and it used to make me feel really good about myself
and i thought that is what i want to do with my life, care for others in the way i cared for my dad

and at my interview they asked me why i wanted to go into nursing so i told them that story and cried as i did
now whos the wuss

(some of you may now realise why i think i won,t get in)
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2007, 12:04 PM
((((hugs))))
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2007, 12:08 PM
don't be silly what you had to do is something everyone would find very hard to do

my mum died 18 years ago in a similar way she was operated on with cancer and never woke up we were asked about the life support but god took it out of our hands and she died before the decission was made

thinking of you today xxx
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >