View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Oh my goodness, Oscar would go CRAZY for ones of those. lamb shank is his fave meal, but that shoulder would be HEAVEN!

K
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Hey Guys,

Whole Lamb shoulder is half price in Tesco, for anyone that feeds it.

My two are having a feast at the minute!!!
Thanks for that - went out and bought ours some
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2007, 09:01 AM
just bumping this up again as I was in tesco last night and it is half price again!
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
I like feeding mine like this once a month or so - I get in a whole pork shoulder - as opposed to a portion - which is 10 or so kg in total, alot bigger than you see at the supermarket as I get it direct from a butchers wholesaler - the whole shoulder is huge. I whack it in half and let each dog have a half and let them moderate how much they have within reason.
I just wanted to know what you "whack" (love that word! LOL) it with? I have some pigs "trotters" here that are more like legs and I wanted to cut them down a bit smaller but so far have only been able to find meat cleavers that are suitable for cutting up whole chickens and I have a kitchen knife that can do that I also have some rather large turkey necks that take some muscle to cut up
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by colliemad View Post
just bumping this up again as I was in tesco last night and it is half price again!
Excellent! I was just reading "Work Wonders" last night and thinking on how much my two enjoyed these, but they are just to pricey at full cost. I'll be off to Tesco to pick some up later!
Thanks for posting.
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Thank you colliemad Sounds like a good opportunity to get lamb for the bank holiday (human's) dinner.

Absolutely fantastic lamb recipe here.... I've tried it! -

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=4927

I'm sure it would work just as well with shoulder. Thank you again Mini for this
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2007, 07:51 PM
I just wanted to know what you "whack" (love that word! LOL) it with?
heh heh...I use an axe when I need too (on the floor on the chopping bored (don't do it on the worktops they'll probably cave in with all the whacking lol)
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
heh heh...I use an axe when I need too (on the floor on the chopping bored (don't do it on the worktops they'll probably cave in with all the whacking lol)
My weapon of choice is a hacksaw!

I just went to George Bolam Butchers (very large Butchers in my area) and bought half a Lamb shoulder for £2. Not sure if that's cheap or not?

Never thought of feeing it whole, I always saw it up into meal size portions. Probably best for now though, cos Lamb gave her the squits as a pup so just trying it out for now.

Would hate to see the result the morning after an entire half shoulder!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 01:00 AM
If it was heavier than a kilo or so I'd say £2 was quite good What you can do is to give it to her whole and then she may regulate how much she has herself but if she is a bit greedy just swap it with something else when you think she has had enough and give it to her again next dinner time. With the whole pig shoulder I get (10 + kg) I whack it in half and give half each and let them decide how much they want and keep giving it till it's gone - they get so satisfied eating that way. Takoda regulates what he has extreamly well and it's only ever about twice as much as he would normally have but if it is something Keena likes she can eat up to 3 x's her usual amount - their bellies after are funny they look like fat lions lol. Then after that they will have a rest day food wise here and there to ease back down. (just like in the wild). (No heavy excersize when they are fat lions - I run them well before etc)

I haven't used a hacksaw but I was after a bonesaw - I still want one but people who don't know it's all for innocently sawing meat and bone for the dogs must wonder why the hell for! lol
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-08-2007, 07:42 AM
never thought of an axe...........

I haven't used a hacksaw but I was after a bonesaw - I still want one but people who don't know it's all for innocently sawing meat and bone for the dogs must wonder why the hell for! lol
I have just done a search for a bonesaw and can only find american sites but managed to get a good description of the type of blade it has so a decent hacksaw might do the job, wonder how hard it will be to cut up frozen pigs trotters...........
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >