View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SibeLuver03
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-11-2004, 04:36 PM
Hey thanks guys, I really appreciate that. Yes, it is a shame that religion comes between such good people sometimes. I certainly don't want it to happen to me. I am very young, I know, but hey, I'm a teenage girl and so I think about these kind of thinks a lot. I think you guys have a great piece of advice and I will follow it.

I do think I will enjoy today and not worry about what tomorrow will bring. I do care for Nick a great deal and I certainly don't want to lose him. He's great now as a young man, I can only imagine how wonderful he might be as a grown man! Well, sorry to bring my worries to you all, but thank you so much. I do feel a lot better. I'm gonna go call Nick on the phone now... Thanks again everyone!

-Tara
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2004, 04:39 PM
Good Tara.

Glad to hear it. You seem a bit better now. Or that's what I seem to be reading from your message.

Chin up and look straight ahead
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2004, 04:44 PM
awww tara, things will work out, you will see!
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2004, 05:25 PM
hey guys have to say i am not sure tara said religion was making her unhappy if it was then she wouldnt of wanted the things she does in her life. church is obviousley very important to her and i respect a girl so young for being committed to something and not just led by the crowd. how old are you and nick tara as i am not sure. only time will tell how nick really feels about the church and as you would not marry until you were adults anyway nick by then will be allowed to go to church and if he wants get baptised without his parents agreement. i was the nick in your situation if you get my drift. my husband has always been in a religious christian family and i attended church for phil as my parents dont 'do' religion anyway we have different faiths as i was not brought up in it so have different views but at the end of the day a belief in god is a belief in god and tara if nick does or doesnt believe you will know. and p. s. men cause wars not religion
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2004, 05:38 PM
infact p.p.s. men cause all the things dinahs mum mentioned they blame god but god doesnt cause them. there is a lot of people who use religion as an excuse to do stupid things and do it in the name of god but that is how men choose to interpret it.
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2004, 06:14 PM
We'll have to agree to differ then Katy - no probs.

An ancient Greek who was a hundred times more clever than me came up with this - it sums up my feelings really

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?"

.........DOGWEB, for all your canine and theological/philosophical needs!!!!!!!
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2004, 06:16 PM
We'll have to agree to differ then Katy - no probs.

An ancient Greek who was a hundred times more clever than me came up with this - it sums up my feelings really

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?"

.........DOGWEB, for all your canine and theological/philosophical needs!!!!!!!
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2004, 06:19 PM
God is willing to help people if they allow him to and all evil will be dealt with in due course no probs hil we all have our own views and its best it doesnt become godweb
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2004, 06:20 PM
SibeLuver03
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-11-2004, 06:57 PM
KatyB, I'm 17 years old and 18 in July. And Nick is 16, he'll be 17 in March. If things go as planned (him being baptized), we'll be married when we are 18, after he graduates high school next year. I graduate this year and we plan on going to college together and getting married as soon as we possibly can. I know I know, it's too perfect to actually come true, but you never know.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >