Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2007, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Anna puppies do vary a lot but yes it is normal to do lots of pees .She may want to go more when you arrive home because she is excited.

It is best to stay with Willow rather than put her outside alone so you can praise her when she pees and use your chosen word so she learns to go on command you can also keep an eye open to make sure she doesn't eat anything she shouldn't..(Millie eats anything given the chance and even pulls worms out of the ground )

Regarding the night, as with humans when puppies are sleeping some of the bodily functions change/slow down and they don't need to relieve themselves so frequently .

(If Willow suddenly starts to pee lots more check the urine for a fishy smell which can indicate a urinary tract infection, not the case here I would say because she would want to go a lot in the night too) .

Thank you, I do always stay with her when she is outside (I have to..until she can tackle the steps upto the garden ) and she will do a wee outside...then she will come in and straight away do another one! but if i was to stand out with her any longer, she would just play!

She has been drinking much more than Flower ever did, but I think that may be down to them playing constantly all day!!!hehe...thirst work all that rough and tumble xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2