View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Dani that is absolutely tragic. My heart goes out to you and the little girls family. As hard as it will be, I think your presence at the service will bring comfort to the family now and later when they think back on who came to honour their daughters memory. Hugs to you. xxxxx
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2010, 07:30 PM
very very sad!

I've had reason to give Tess a huuge hug tonight as a result of this site... now I'm off to give my sleeping kids an extra huuuge hug! And please remember... when tragedy hits its worse if people you know say nothing, then if people you know say something that's not maybe exactly right...!!!! good luck!!!

Claire
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 07:32 PM
I think Dani, when something like this happens, it doesn't really matter what EXACTLY you say, as long as you say something, just say what you feel, it would be much worse if you felt you didn't know what to say and so stayed away, I have done it myself when an old pal from school's mum died, I really didn't know what to say or do so from fear of saying something wrong - said nothing at all and still totally regret it, never seen her since.

I know it's not what you want to think Dani (and God forbid) but you have to try and think how you would feel if it were you and what you would find comfort in people saying. Just that you are there for her if she ever wants to chat e.t.c. which i'm sure a lot of people will be saying but at least she knows she is not on her own. And just keep intouch and see how she is coping.

So sad, I really feel for all involved and you are right, it really does put things into perspective.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Thats so very sad. What an awful thing to happen to such a young child. I do agree with what others have said though. Words of comfort from others at such a time do mean so very much. Just a hug or a card or just being there. Stay strong and big hugs to you all. xx
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm so sorry, thats just awful. As the others have said saying something is better than nothing. Be guided by your friend, she may want to talk or just to cry but she will really appreciate you being there. Take care xxx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 09:18 PM
thanks so much for all the wonderful words and advice, I texted her to say that I had just found out, that I didnt really have the right words to say, but that she was so loved as that came across in every conversation she had about "her royal highness" ( how she referred to her in most of our conversations) and that I would never forget her kind nature and beautiful smile.
That I was thinking of her and her husband at this time, and that if she needed anything at all then she knew where I was.

I am going to go to the service on Friday but I will sit at the back and if I cannot control myself ( as I have been bursting into tears since I found out, probably extra hormones not helping) then at least I can nip outside to compose myself.

I would really like to go with someone but we dont have anyone in common that will also be going..

My mum will have Luca for me.

so tragic really made me appreciate my child tonight, and I didnt want to let him go to sleep.
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Oh Dani how awful. Huge hugs and my heartfelt sympathy to you and the family. I don't think you could have done anything better/nicer in the words you say above and I'm sure the family will find some comfort in your words/support offered. Please take care of yourself too Dani and don't be too hard on yourself over showing emotion at the service, that is what makes us human and who we are.

Much love XX
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2010, 01:53 AM
oh my gosh that is just horrible....so young i'll keep you her family and her in my prayers

{{HUGS}}
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 02:29 AM
Oh Dani, that is tragic news, my thoughts are with the family and you right now
No words will ever be enough, but you will say the right thing no matter what you say, as they are words of comfort to the family and how the girl will be remembered. Nothing will undo the sadness and the pain of the loss of this little girl. I have read this thread and am almost in tears, you certainly have the right to cry.
As for Friday, I am sure you will cry along with many others, it shows you care, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Massive hugs to you
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 07:48 AM
How absolutely awful Dani My heart breaks for the little girl, her parents, family and friends. Nothing can be worse than losing a child like this.

I will be thinking of her family and you on Friday xxx
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >