Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Sounds like a total idiot to me not surprised it upset you a bit but well done to Pat for not letting it get to him x x
Thankfully Pat's not just a big guy, he has a bigger man attitude
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Hi,

Pat is genuinely a nice guy so maybe he's not lettign on that it's upsettign him or as he's got older he hasn'ta llowed it to bother him so much.

At the end fo the day, the other guy broke the law of he made racist remarks towards Pat. Whether Pat is prepared to let it go or not isn't relevant really. If ANYONE at all thinks it was racist remarks being passed from the other guy, then it was a racist incident as far as the law is concerned.

It may be worth collecting up all the balls etc and when the idiot neighbour from hell turns up again for the balls, tell him he can collect them from the local Police station (they can be booked into DP - "detained property") and give him the bill for the damage.

I don't have any plants etc in my garden but I have adult male neighbours who kick their footballs over the fence. They've learned to a certain estent though. I always throw them back when they ask but many times the dogs have got to them first so there's not much left of them (and they're not cheap either).

Laura xx
ye Pat tells of many times when over the years he has suffered racial abuse, unfortunately this family by us (and there are alot of them) do it on a regular basis not just this time but have done with others....but they are ready to to call thier solicitor if its done back There a black guy behind us who Pat has known for years, he has had the same problem, so he wrote on the ball ''''if this comes over again I will pop it''' they kicked it straight back so he put a fork through it
Originally Posted by random View Post
Perhaps Steph, 'attitude man' has been subject to racial abuse himself and was taking his frustrations out on Pat because Pat is a different colour from him still and he just 'can' because there is not a lot you can say to a white person in England is there? So now with Pat he will have found an avenue to rent his racial frustration, it's how bullies seem to work.

Pat will know that the people who matter don't look at the colour of your skin but I bet it still upset him deep down. I wonder if this man feels bad now he's had chance to calm down and think about what he said, especially - as you say, he is of a different culture and must have had it said to him at some point. The fact Pat didn't retaliate speaks volumes. You got a good 'un there Steph!
I know deep down Pat finds these things hurtful....although he would never let on these people (as I said) have been bullies in the past with others, and join family togetherness....if you get my meaning. There is so many people round here that do not like them. Quite funny really when they discribe Birmingham a multi culture town that get on maybe someone needs to tell them that
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2010, 07:10 PM
A receptionist told me many years ago that when you get someone who is being unreasonable the best course of action is to remain as reasonable as possible. Eventually they will run out of arguments and steam.

I found that invaluable advice when dealing with some of the morons we had calling us re their Broadband...works a treat cause they do run out of steam.

Pat has obviously learned this lesson and it has prevented him from dropping down to the morons level. Well played that man!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2010, 07:16 PM
I can't see why colour has been brought into it anyway - whats that got to do with kicking a ball over someones fence ? whats the bloke talking about if he isn't British ? idiot
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
I can't see why colour has been brought into it anyway - whats that got to do with kicking a ball over someones fence ? whats the bloke talking about if he isn't British ? idiot
Exactly but people bring colour into the argument when they know they're in the wrong and have no get out.

My ex husband is black so Oscar is mixed. He's been bullied at school for 18 months on and off and now he's receiving racist remarks from this same boy. So now, to prevent ANYONE having a go at Oscar, I'm allowed to take Zane with me to pick him up. Although I'm not going way into the school with the dog, everyone who comes out of school sees him. He's there purely as a deterrent as they don't realise he'd lick them to death and play with them (he loves kids).

Funny how since I've been doing it, Oscar hasn't been spat at, punched, kicked, slapped or pushed. He's been called a few choice names though which I'm taking up with the school now.

It's really difficult to know what to do when someone you love is on the receiving end of racism. At the end of the day, it's just ignorance and clearly people who commit these crimes (because that's what they are - race hate crimes) clearl haven't been brought up properly.

Laura xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
A receptionist told me many years ago that when you get someone who is being unreasonable the best course of action is to remain as reasonable as possible. Eventually they will run out of arguments and steam.

I found that invaluable advice when dealing with some of the morons we had calling us re their Broadband...works a treat cause they do run out of steam.

Pat has obviously learned this lesson and it has prevented him from dropping down to the morons level. Well played that man!
Thank you, Pat was born here yet this kind of thing sems to rear its ugly head every now and again, the receptionist is right too
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Exactly, but what annoys me is that thier children were born here...........and they call white people ''whities don't think that is teaching those children manners, but when they get other kids calling them.............its straight to ''our solicitor'' threat
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Exactly but people bring colour into the argument when they know they're in the wrong and have no get out.

My ex husband is black so Oscar is mixed. He's been bullied at school for 18 months on and off and now he's receiving racist remarks from this same boy. So now, to prevent ANYONE having a go at Oscar, I'm allowed to take Zane with me to pick him up. Although I'm not going way into the school with the dog, everyone who comes out of school sees him. He's there purely as a deterrent as they don't realise he'd lick them to death and play with them (he loves kids).

Funny how since I've been doing it, Oscar hasn't been spat at, punched, kicked, slapped or pushed. He's been called a few choice names though which I'm taking up with the school now.

It's really difficult to know what to do when someone you love is on the receiving end of racism. At the end of the day, it's just ignorance and clearly people who commit these crimes (because that's what they are - race hate crimes) clearl haven't been brought up properly.

Laura xx
Laura i agree with what you are saying, but it can also happen the other way round as well, i have experienced that too.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Thank you, Pat was born here yet this kind of thing sems to rear its ugly head every now and again, the receptionist is right too

Exactly, but what annoys me is that thier children were born here...........and they call white people ''whities don't think that is teaching those children manners, but when they get other kids calling them.............its straight to ''our solicitor'' threat
I have just said to Stumpywop that is also happens to white people as well, can't see the relevence of colour in this case tbh
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2