View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 12:09 PM
I make home made dog treats and can taylor them to your requirements.

I make some hypoallergenic salmon and parsley ones which go down a treat. I use liver cake for training as well which can be cut up nice and small.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 12:12 PM
The best training treat in the world, is a little frsh liver lightly fried in extra virgin onlive oli and garlic. then chop into tiny cubes! You can buy tubs of liver bits for not much in the supermarket and then freeze in tiny portions. It is far cheaper than buying any commercial treats.

i also fish 4 dogs and Burns.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 01:48 PM
I use boiled ox heart. I get a whole heart for about £1, chop it, freeze it and boil some when needed, then cut it up. As for chewy things, Burns Venison Ears are very good (That doesn't mean that I've tried them personally, just my dogs )
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
good old fashioned chicken, cut into chunks for training.
Shona, being a strict veggie this would be impossible and expensive for me as I would insist on the chickens being organic and free range for a start. I know but a girl has to have her principles ;o) He is getting chicken and rice now as has to have a few days on a bland diet before switching over. Oh and no lamb, EVER!!

Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
I make home made dog treats and can taylor them to your requirements.

I make some hypoallergenic salmon and parsley ones which go down a treat. I use liver cake for training as well which can be cut up nice and small.
I'm interested. Can you give me more info? PM if you need to.

We haven't had his digestion analysed yet as the plan is to do a bland diet for 3-4 days then gradually introduce his new food in with that, de-creasing the fresh chicken and rice. To be honest, I'm wondering whether he needs the sensitive as long as it's hyp and free from crap but I better stick to vets advice even if it is a faff.
feistyblue
New Member!
Female 

17-05-2009, 11:37 AM
I use Feelwells dog treats which are Probiotic so really good for them I think. They have different types as well and my two are on the "lite" version for now as they were so overweight when they went into rescue.

They are also wheat/gluten free which is another bonus. They haven't upset their tummies like the JWB ones did either and considering chicken and rice upset them for some reason, this is a great sign!
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 10:02 AM
I got my 2 some burns venison ears, they loved them but didn't last as long as the cows ears do £1.99 for 3 ears
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks all. We're going using his sensitive kibble for now and see how that goes then I think I'll try all of these - the Feelwells look good though, especially as they're pro-biotic.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Hi Pidge

I make my own.

Sardine treats

Two tins sardines in oil (use the oil)
Garlic (optional)
Two eggs
Potato flour (as opposed to wheat flour)

Mix together, spread out in a baking tin and bake at around 180 degrees until cooked.

They can be broken into small pieces and frozen.

You can also make Liver or Chicken treats:

Boil meat
Chop up and bake in oven until hard.
Freeze.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Have I got a web-site for you LOL

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/ask?query=d...ts&form=search

Cassie particularly recommends the Healthy Hounds chocolate and vanilla biscuits and the Jeffo's gluten free crunchies! xxxxx

Check out the dried ostrich as well! Looks like rawhide. May offend you if you're a veggie though. Sorry. xx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Have I got a web-site for you LOL

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/ask?query=d...ts&form=search

Cassie particularly recommends the Healthy Hounds chocolate and vanilla biscuits and the Jeffo's gluten free crunchies! xxxxx

Check out the dried ostrich as well! Looks like rawhide. May offend you if you're a veggie though. Sorry. xx
Awesome (but v.expensive!!). Am book marking this thread once we know what the score is digestion wise ;o)
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >