Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
Thanks

Petplan do 4000 for vets fees each year, tesco do up to 4000 per condition, so this is 7500 per condition as well - so it is like tesco but more?

Am I get lost somewhere in the middle?

ETA: just read your last post, okay thanks
Yes it's the same as Tesco but more. In general this will cover quite a lot but it could run out pretty easily if something major was to happen or if they developed a lifelong condition.

Anyway better run now should be dog walking Anymore question fire away i'll help as much as i can i'll be back later
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks

I will keep looking for a better life long one, but for now I will keep him on pet plan to be on the safe side instead of changing to a "per condition" one
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Just had a look at a leaflet I picked up from my vets the other day for

http://www.vet2pet.co.uk/

they do a life cover for about £21.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 09:48 PM
MoreThan do life cover and I think Protect Your Bubble does too.
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
MoreThan do life cover and I think Protect Your Bubble does too.
More than don't do life cover they only do x amount per condition cover. They also charge x amount of the bill on top of the excess too.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 03:54 PM
axa's is £7000 a year with £75 excess per condition
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by JackieandMia View Post
More than don't do life cover they only do x amount per condition cover. They also charge x amount of the bill on top of the excess too.
Each new injury or illness is covered for £7,000 for the life of the policy and they don't exclude the condition on renewal, only when you've used up the £7,000 for that one condition. Perhaps not true life cover, but I can't imagine there being many conditions that would individually cost more than £7,000! They also pay out incredibly quickly, it only took them 2 weeks to pay up for Isla's cataracts.

And the excess doesn't bother you too much when you've got a £1,700 vets bill to pay, you're just grateful for insurance - trust me!
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Each new injury or illness is covered for £7,000 for the life of the policy and they don't exclude the condition on renewal, only when you've used up the £7,000 for that one condition. Perhaps not true life cover, but I can't imagine there being many conditions that would individually cost more than £7,000! They also pay out incredibly quickly, it only took them 2 weeks to pay up for Isla's cataracts.

And the excess doesn't bother you too much when you've got a £1,700 vets bill to pay, you're just grateful for insurance - trust me!
I was simply stating they don't do life cover so people wern't misinformed when reading it. When £7,000 is used up that is when they stop paying so far from life cover. I've claimed over that for 1 condition so yes easily used up.

It wasn't the excess i was refering to they also charge a % of the bill and having had claims of £20,000 it would bother you believe me i'd be a bit out of pocket by now if i'd of insured my dog with them

Is 2 weeks quick? Blimey my insurers are well on the ball then with 5 days and 2 of those were the weekend
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by JackieandMia View Post
I was simply stating they don't do life cover so people wern't misinformed when reading it. When £7,000 is used up that is when they stop paying so far from life cover. I've claimed over that for 1 condition so yes easily used up.

It wasn't the excess i was refering to they also charge a % of the bill and having had claims of £20,000 it would bother you believe me i'd be a bit out of pocket by now if i'd of insured my dog with them

Is 2 weeks quick? Blimey my insurers are well on the ball then with 5 days and 2 of those were the weekend
I don't think the rolling eyes are really necessary, it's not an insurance competition.

I'd say 2 weeks was very quick yes, which was why I said I thought it was quick.

I don't think £7,000 would be easily used up personally, I don't know of anyone who has had to spend over £7,000 on canine vets bills and I know a lot of people with dogs, but of course there will always be the exception to the rule or just those with really, really unhealthy animals!

And the % is part of the excess to which I was referring.
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-07-2011, 11:23 PM
I don't think the rolling eyes are really necessary, it's not an insurance competition.

I'd say 2 weeks was very quick yes, which was why I said I thought it was quick.

I don't think £7,000 would be easily used up personally, I don't know of anyone who has had to spend over £7,000 on canine vets bills and I know a lot of people with dogs, but of course there will always be the exception to the rule or just those with really, really unhealthy animals!

And the % is part of the excess to which I was referring.
You chose to used what i'd class as inappropraite emotions to be funny so what's wrong with me doing the same. My original reply was mearly to inform people of the facts no other reason because i think insurance companys mislead people so i thought it would be good to let them know the truth and you also because your post came across as if you didn't know.

As for my dog being unhealthy and your point is. What do you think i should do with her Put her to sleep. Why oh why do people have to slate peoples animals is beyond me it makes my blood boil. My dogs had the best possible care i can give her and is loved to bits and just because you don't like something i write you have to bring her into it. Grow up!!!!! I can't stand people who have to use peoples animals and family to make them feel good in a debate when they have nothing better to say.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >