Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Malpeki View Post
I think he was hiding it

the same behavior and moving of his nose like mine, when she wraps a stinky bone for to hide and save in the blanket on the sofa

lovely Tonks and what a beautiful, health looking, shiny coat she has who does still care about the spot on her nose
I'll look out for more buried things in there then!
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Nigredo DESTROYS things. I didn't even think it was possible for a puppy his size with such a slender head etc. could deal such damage. He destroyed my glasses in like less than 20 minutes. He destroyed a plastic drinking cup.

He chewed his squeaky chew toy to pieces almost instantly. He destroyed a collar and has chewed his red nylon leash to bits where it's kind of dangerous to use now. He destroyed a pair of flip flops and chewed a pair of sneakers quite badly.

He also got ahold of Jades muzzle and dealt a bit of damage to the strap before I could get it. I find it so strange that Remus isn't able to tear things up, Nigredo easily destroys things and he's not even 5 months yet. Oh well!
I'm just loving the fact he can't! If he wanders past me with something in his mouth I have time to finish what I'm doing and get some treats or a chew before I go to him.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2013, 11:20 PM
=I'm just loving the fact he can't! If he wanders past me with something in his mouth I have time to finish what I'm doing and get some treats or a chew before I go to him.
I WISH!! Nigredo is usually very sneaky about taking things and our house is no where near as clean as it should be. He's destroyed many things almost silently. I'm SO glad he doesn't go for cords or generally dangerous things.

He found his previous clicker, and chewed it to bits while I was sleeping. I HATE having to crate him now that I can trust him not to potty on the floor, but he leaves me no choice. Between the tug of war on my hair and tearing things up while I'm asleep... I find it impossible to not crate him at nights.

The other night, I tried again.. covering my hair with a shower cap, scarf and everything and putting some lemon spray on my scarf. He got my $60 leather hat (I have hats always right in his reach and he had never touched one before) and he destroyed it

I truly hope he is able to somewhat grow out of chewing so much. His teeth are still coming in and his canines have just started sprouting. If not, I'll have no choice but to crate him at nights and when I'm not around. He'll never have free run when I'm not there to supervise him. Even now I have to close my door or restrict him to the den etc. with a box, while Jade is allowed to follow me around and whatnot.

Jade is crated in the den at night because she has a strange tendency to like to urinate on the floor at night. Idk why because she's really good otherwise. He doesn't use the potty, but my gosh I just can't stop him from finding things. He destroyed a few books as well. I was LIVID as I love my books.

Remus is a lurcher right? Greyhound cross something? Maybe it's their breeds. I have heard of Labs that stayed destructive up into their adult years. Remus is also a bit older than nearly 5 month old Nigredo, right? I hope this chewing slows down, or I might end up having to try getting some help etc.

Brownie, my previous Lab mix was also destructive kind of like this (not quite as bad) and he grew out of it really well and ended up only liking stuffed toys. Didn't like giving them up though! As seen below...

Oh, well! Hopefully he'll relax and stop chewing so much... I've got plenty of toys for him.... but he kind of hates most of them and enjoys hunting for other stuff to destroy.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

14-05-2013, 08:08 AM
Great photos! Love the first one

Thanks for sharing
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Loved them both.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2