Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by borderbob View Post
thanks all for info re rosemary. never knew this affected dogs with epilepsy; orijen does have this. so with that info feel i ought to put him onto food that doesnt have it, so either put back onto eukanuba or to jwb as it is hypo allergenic etc.

the eukanuba salt content worries me so may go to jwb.

thanks
Is your dog on bromide? It is important to keep salt levels constant when on this drug because changes can result in increases or decreases in the level of drug in the system.

The Fish4Dogs fish, salmon and sardine complete foods don't contain wheat, salt or rosemary:

http://www.fish4dogs.com/Categories/.../dog-food.aspx
borderbob
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-01-2010, 10:11 PM
no he is on phenobarbitone but low dose 60mg am and 60mg pm.

i will try jwb lamb and rice i think initially see how he goes as some tend to not rate eukanuba very much but jwb seems to be well liked.

he is 35kg - not overwieght at all, just feel he isnt his old self at moment, possibly due to food change? who knows but i had feeling that it may not have been right food for him, now with the rosemary thing will def change him.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 10:22 PM
I remember you had lowered his phenobarbitone but had to increase it again because he had a fit. The side effects of increasing the drug level could be affecting him but if so, they should resolve themselves within two weeks. These can include mild sedation, increased thirst and appetite, more frequent urination and ataxia of the back legs.

I hope he's back to normal soon.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2