Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
No rain forecast here till Thursday now, very different from what they were saying last night.
They say tonight here now; lasting until morning so am hoping it creeps off east before market time
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Good morning, everyone. I hope all is well with everyone today.

Very, very bad morning for me here. At about 3 a.m. Nigredo jumped off the bed as normal, but went down hard. Ever since then, he will not put any weight on his rear right leg. I looked him over, gently moved his leg and cannot find the issue at all. I gave him a doggy dose of Aspirin, but it has not helped.

Not even a little bit of weight will he put on the leg, he has it lifted (even when only standing) and he limps putting all his weight on his left leg and collapsing every few steps to sit down and rest. His left leg is mildly dysplastic, might I mention so very hard to support all his weight on this leg. Very, very worrying for me.

Even more so since I have nobody that can take us to the vet today. My mother is awake and saw him and she says that she might be able to get off early to take him. I hope she can, because I have no idea what is wrong and my normally bouncy, happy Nigredo can barely move.

I have gotten him to lie down and get off the leg, and my brother has agreed to help carry him around today (thank goodness for him as 85 lb. Nigredo is extremely heavy) and keep him off his legs as much as possible. My brother is about 6'3" and 260 lbs and is well strong enough to hoist him about. He has refused his breakfast, which is to be expected.

I'm soooo worried about him. I hope he will be okay, he's so not himself...
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2014, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Morning all.
We were going to have one of our away days and take Pepsi and Tango to the river again but it was lashing with rain when we got up. It's a bit better now but we have decided to leave it for a better day.
I have a lot here to be getting on with anyway.

I hope you are all well and that the poorly doggies soon improve.
Bad luck! I love away days and am planning one later this week... North Kerry again as there were places I missed due to my leaving the map at home thinking I had a second one in the car...can shop then in Tralee...looking for serious cleaer for the old range here. I think it is called Zebo
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Oh my, everyone appears to be having a nice quiet morning. MJ, hope Nigedro recovers okay.

Malka, glad all is peaceful for the moment, long may it continue and the deaths stop. I pray for you and for the kids who are being affected by this horror.

I'm laughing at Dougal just now, he is stomping to get out but the back door is open...I had to go and point out the door for him to go out! What a numpty!

Anyway, today WILL be packed with unpacking and getting everything washed and ready for us going away next week. Especially the kit. Thankfully we don't need the amount of kit we do for the two weeks away so it won't be quite so bad but we will need a bit.

We also have this trip to Codonas. Brian has booked a hotel for one night so I am really getting excited about us going. He is well excited too. We haven't told Davie yet so he will find out on Thursday when we head off

Tomorrow, Brian has a funeral to go to, unfortunately one of his best friends passed away from a stroke last week. He was only 39. So some tender handling for me with Brian over tonight and tomorrow.

Anyway, off to make a start by at least taking in yesterdays washing. See you all later on.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Hope Nigredo recovers soon, hope he's done nothing serious to himself
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2014, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Good morning, everyone. I hope all is well with everyone today.

Very, very bad morning for me here. At about 3 a.m. Nigredo jumped off the bed as normal, but went down hard. Ever since then, he will not put any weight on his rear right leg. I looked him over, gently moved his leg and cannot find the issue at all. I gave him a doggy dose of Aspirin, but it has not helped.

Not even a little bit of weight will he put on the leg, he has it lifted (even when only standing) and he limps putting all his weight on his left leg and collapsing every few steps to sit down and rest. His left leg is mildly dysplastic, might I mention so very hard to support all his weight on this leg. Very, very worrying for me.

Even more so since I have nobody that can take us to the vet today. My mother is awake and saw him and she says that she might be able to get off early to take him. I hope she can, because I have no idea what is wrong and my normally bouncy, happy Nigredo can barely move.

I have gotten him to lie down and get off the leg, and my brother has agreed to help carry him around today (thank goodness for him as 85 lb. Nigredo is extremely heavy) and keep him off his legs as much as possible. My brother is about 6'3" and 260 lbs and is well strong enough to hoist him about. He has refused his breakfast, which is to be expected.

I'm soooo worried about him. I hope he will be okay, he's so not himself...
My wee dog fell down concrete steps once. Seemed OK but the following day she would not move or eat...

I tend to wait and see. Dogs are more sensible than us and they take pain wholeheartedly and rest and worry us sick.

That day I simply wrapped her in a blanket with a hot water bottle, kept her hydrated with home made rehydration fluid by syringe. Let her rest all she wanted. Following day she was back to normal...
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Rain was forecast here last night, but never materialised. I hadn't watered last night so have done it now. Was very warm in the night and looking to be hot today, we are off out on the river later
Hoping Loki is doing OK and he gets better quickly
Thanks. He's had 9 now so I'm getting a bit worried. I'll just have to see how he goes during the day.

Have a super time at the river.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-07-2014, 10:25 AM
You said 10 was 'normal' ( if you can use the word in these circumstances) so maybe coming to the end of this particular episode. Everything crossed here for you both
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2014, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the comfort tawneywolf, Rosebud, and lore. He's not himself at all. He's gotten quite a bit of water down, but has refused his food, which is something he never does. I let Jade out for her normal morning pee and whatnot, and she kept hovering over him and bothering him by headbutting him (worried about him, I suppose) so I put her with my brother upstairs for now.

My cat is near him now, and he is stick still and not moving a bit. My dad has been in a rotten mood lately, bad news from the docs and another medicine he has to take. My next door neighbor has been missing for over a week now, not answering her phone or door, not checking her mail, taking out her garbage, mowing her lawn, or responding to notes left on her door.

I don't like her (can't stand, actually) but she is over 60, has had cancer and is in ill health, and I'm getting very worried and am thinking about calling police and filing a missing person's report. Her kids don't care about her (hate her) and never visit or call her, so the only person that would care enough is me.

I'm only going to wait a little while, maybe a day or so max... and then we're heading to the vets (regardless of whether I can pay for it or not). We have to travel very far to the "good" vet who can do the X-rays etc. which is very annoying but clearly that needs to be done if he can't use the leg.

I hope he's okay. He landed normally from what I saw, but immediately crashed to the floor. He didn't yell or anything and he doesn't flinch or anything when I gently move the leg. I really have no idea what is wrong. It's almost as if the leg is paralyzed more than in pain...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-07-2014, 10:41 AM
I hope Loki recovers soon Linda.
Myra do you have a large towel or sheet and put it under Nigredo and use it like a sling you can then hold the two top bits that come over his back to help him get around while waiting to get to the vet.
Have you checked his toes ? Dillon did similar to this at 6 months old vet said cruciate but on closer inspection when getting home I saw the rear toe had a problem took back to the vet but she refused to accept that and said we had to wait for the referral to the vet school for cruciate damage. X-rays showed mild hip dysplasia no cruciate damage and that he had indeed damages the rear toe as we suspected. It has healed wrongly and he now has degenerative joint disease in that digit. If it had been looked at straight away they may of been able to correct it. Might be worth checking yourself or making the sure the vet checks toes too.
Hoping he has strained a muscle badly.
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »