View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-10-2005, 10:12 PM
well if every one was singled out into the breed they own god help the leo owners what are we now? grand total of 3/4?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Beats me!

I've seen all kinds of disparaging remarks ... 'cross-breeds', 'just a mongrel not even a cross-breed', 'designer dogs', 'dogs bred for no purpose', etc. etc. etc. ...

So trying to breed a solid, healthy dog of sound temperament and wolfie looks to be a companion or family pet is not a good thing? So dogs should only be bred to work?

Many, many established breeds, once bred for a 'purpose' or a 'job', are no longer being bred to do this job but are family pets or show dogs. So if we turn this argument around does that mean that if dogs should not be bred unless for an actual purpose (eg herding) that we should no longer breed dogs that are not used for their original purpose?

I don't think it's a case of jealousy as I can't see why that would be. I think it's this dog snobbery thing, you know, like some people get with which shops they go to or which cars they drive or which areas they live in .

It's all quite ridiculous, of course, and I cannot understand why, instead of continually questioning the validity of breeds, particularly up and coming breeds, they can't be positive and supportive. Ask questions by all means but without the underlying cynicism.

If it were a case of the breeders being unscrupulous in their methods and animals suffering, I could understand it.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2005, 10:19 PM
I think everyone has justification to their own dog. leave us alone we love our dogs and so do you. You know who you are
cheers leo & Lucky brill comments.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2005, 10:39 PM
Got that PM cheers Fred, dont worry about typing I do a bad job sometimes too.
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2005, 11:17 PM
I can understand where you are coming from Luz, and understand why you feel like this as issues regarding the breed have been brought up before, and naturally we will all stick by our breed I personally have no issue with these breeds and think they are beautiful dogs. I dont think its out of jealousy that people have reservations about certain breeds, I think its more of a case that they dont see what you see in the breed, and therefore there posts may come across as harsh, when infact its just not there choice in dog . When it comes down to it all breeds have there faults, its down to personal choice in the end. Imo as long as the owner of the breed is happy thats all that matters to me, whether I like the breed or not, who am I to critise as long as themselves and there dog is happy and healthy thats all that matters
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Having a breed that's taken more than it's fair share of critisism, I understand where you're coming from Luz

I personally don't give a hoot what people think of my girl. She loves me as much as I love her, and that's all that matters in my eyes
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2005, 06:59 PM
I don't really care one jot about Murph's pedigree, etc and would happily have any dog so long as it was good with children and had a excellent temperament. My next doglet will be a Yorkie...couldn't get two much more different dogs could you?!
We always had mongrels when we were children and they were always great dogs. I don't pay much attention to the folks that run other breeds down....don't see the point in it
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Luz
Exactly.
Love your dog as they love you. Unconditional!
Why do some put others down? I personally dont understand it.
Nor me Luz - I'm afraid I have a soft spot for all animals, whatever they might be, and dogs I am just nuts about. I can't bear cruelty of any kind and am all for organisations that rescue and rehome. Pedigree or mutt - I have had both and those that have gone to the Bridge are sorely missed. My idea of heaven is to meet them all again......bliss
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2005, 09:58 PM
The way I look at it is... we wouldn't all choose the same carpets or curtains etc, so why would we all want the same type of dog? Everyone has their own favs, that what makes life interesting .I love dogs, any dog!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2005, 08:17 AM
The way I look at it is... we wouldn't all choose the same carpets or curtains etc, so why would we all want the same type of dog? Everyone has their own favs, that what makes life interesting
PRECISELY!
What would be the point of a pedigree dog, if everyone had the same?
Dawn.
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »