Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
There are more and more places where dogs are NOT allowed, and it is becoming increasingly difficult to take dogs to many areas off lead and even on lead, I try not to give the anti dog brigade any more ammunition with which to fire at us............
I don't drive, and my elderly mother has been unwell for almost 3 months. My time away from the house even for routine dogwalking, has become very short and very precious. Today I did not have anywhere else to walk myself, never mind Rue, in enough time to get back home before my mother had another panic attack.

So while I am sure the world is your - and your dogs' - oyster, not everyone has the option of hours of freedom in the countryside, "incontinent" or not!

Thankfully Mother is improving but it will still be a while yet before I can go off for an hour or more with either or both dogs, as I usually do.

But don't worry! I have already decided to order some of these online ...

....and they should please even the most fastidious of dog haters in the locale.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Ditto.

C'mon, it's a bit of wet!
I'm sure the drunks do more nasty things on a weekend when they are out!

My boys cock their leg on EVERY lamp post/bin etc!
Yes a large pool of odorous urine is just a bit of wet. And if drunks relieve themselves in public on the weekend I find that just as unacceptable. Especially if I was out with my small child or I was an elderly person using my walker etc.

I also find it totally unecessary for male dogs to cock their legs on every lampost and bin. My dogs are on the lead when I take them out near street furniture and I do not permit them to mark, it is extremely rude.

I wish other dog owners would extend to me the courtesy I extend to their property and not allow their dogs to mark my fence, I do not want my property to stink like a urinal, how very strange eh?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 10:35 PM
I have to wonder though: does the lady fear to tread in a field, in case she is walking on cow pee?

That is not really very fair though is it?

After all, if you are walking through a field you EXPECT to find pee in there AND you would be wearing appropriate footwear so, TBH, I can see her point.

I would not be taking a dog that had thhis sort of habit into this environment myself, there is enough anti dog feeling as it is without deliberately adding to it.

So I am afraid I am on the woman's side. When I go to somewhere like Clarks Village, I go there to shop, not to avoid the mess left by incontinent dogs.
I try to remember that not EVERYONE is a dog lover and to see things from their point of view..........

There are more and more places where dogs are NOT allowed, and it is becoming increasingly difficult to take dogs to many areas off lead and even on lead, I try not to give the anti dog brigade any more ammunition with which to fire at us............

Seems like common sense to me.
Is a bit of dog urine on the pavement really that much of an inconvenience? when you are walking through a town or the highstreet, you are probably walking over a spot where some yob has either vomited, spat on or urinated in the past. So what is the difference?

I don't think the OP's dog weeing on the pavement suddenly made the snotty woman even more anti-dog than she was. People either like them or they don't -- that woman didn't. There was NO need for the woman to make those snotty comments.

I have walked past the same large pile of human vomit in my local village of the past few days. THAT is disgusting -- what a shame human yobs can't be banned from town!
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2012, 10:36 PM
She probably wouldn't set foot in a field, she'd be too scared of getting her designer wellies mucky. Dogs are dogs, and they will wee where and when they want. It's not always ideal but it can't be helped. Got to admit though, if I had to take opie on a bus or train I would have a cloth and spray bottle of disinfectant just in case
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 10:40 PM
I wonder who WAS the snotty woman in this encounter though.

If it had happened to me I would have apologised rather than respond in the manner documented.

I think ANY form of public elimination, whether urine, faeces, vomit from ANY source, canine, feline or human is totally unecessary especially where people are just going shopping etc.
Chocolatechien
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
I don't drive, and my elderly mother has been unwell for almost 3 months. My time away from the house even for routine dogwalking, has become very short and very precious. Today I did not have anywhere else to walk myself, never mind Rue, in enough time to get back home before my mother had another panic attack.

So while I am sure the world is your - and your dogs' - oyster, not everyone has the option of hours of freedom in the countryside, "incontinent" or not!

Thankfully Mother is improving but it will still be a while yet before I can go off for an hour or more with either or both dogs, as I usually do.

....and they should please even the most fastidious of dog haters in the locale.

I'm sorry to hear your Ma's unwell, its tough looking after someone 24 hours a day and a bit of fresh air with your dog is just what you need- every day if you can.
I think if it happens again and you see a disapproving or intolerant face about to comment then get out your best bossy haughty voice and say
"Aah good I'm glad you've arrived, now pop along and bring a mop and bucket for this"
You know they'd have nowhere to go with it, quite possibly write you off as a loon and leave you alone without their insensitive comments! X
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post

Perhaps smokeybear uses these for her own dogs, so no trace of poo is left in the public domain? after all, no one likes an odorous pile of dog poo...the smell could linger in the atmosphere and upset "ladies" that pass by!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by tattoogirl73 View Post
She probably wouldn't set foot in a field, she'd be too scared of getting her designer wellies mucky. Dogs are dogs, and they will wee where and when they want. It's not always ideal but it can't be helped. Got to admit though, if I had to take opie on a bus or train I would have a cloth and spray bottle of disinfectant just in case
Ah you KNOW this woman then?

I agree with the woman, so does that mean I have designer wellies and am too scared to set foot in a field?
Chocolatechien
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Do you have designer wellies?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Perhaps smokeybear uses these for her own dogs, so no trace of poo is left in the public domain? after all, no one likes an odorous pile of dog poo...the smell could linger in the atmosphere and upset "ladies" that pass by!
No need, my dogs do not defecate or urinate in paved pedestrian areas, there is no need to is there?

You are right, I do not know of anyone who LIKES an odorous pile fo dog poo, but perhaps you do?

Nothing wrong in smells, If they are in the appropriate context,
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »