View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Totally agree with Jackbox. Offering to pay his vet costs, even as there was an existing injury, is more than generous I'd say. It sounds fishy too - if the vet had confirmed it was a cut from clippers, why would he send samples away for analysis? Samples of what? The press thing must be nonsense too - how many press photographers have a say on coverage of stories? Especially unsubstantiated stories which would be of very limited interest to the general public?
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by mse2ponder View Post
Totally agree with Jackbox. Offering to pay his vet costs, even as there was an existing injury, is more than generous I'd say. It sounds fishy too - if the vet had confirmed it was a cut from clippers, why would he send samples away for analysis? Samples of what? The press thing must be nonsense too - how many press photographers have a say on coverage of stories? Especially unsubstantiated stories which would be of very limited interest to the general public?
exactly. Because he didn't go to the vet! It's just scared me in case I get hassled again. I do have a friend in CID though so I could get him to have a word if the guy comes back.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 10:16 PM
he hasn;t got a case with no vets receipt tell him to get lost x
Doofuz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-09-2009, 05:23 AM
Sounds horrible for you - I can only echo what others have said and I hope you get it sorted soon.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 05:36 AM
Sounds so dodgey and would not be paying it any attention, you know what happened and he sounds like a scammer, maybe if he rings again you should state you are going to the press. Surely you have long standing clients who can atest to the fact they have never had any problems with their dogs being clipped. Why would a vet not charge for the consult plus why would you send it for analysis what is it going to show??? (As far as I know clippers don't come with DNA ). I agree with what every one else has said if he was legitimate he would have no problems with showing you the bills and giving you his number. People only hide basic information when they themselves are no being truthful, or hiding something. You were more than generous in offering to pay the vet bill.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2009, 06:14 AM
I think you were very generous in your offer. I don't believe he even went to the vet.

Its blackmail, I don't believe a paper would be interested in a story where a dog had a dubious nick and the grooming parlour offered to pay for the vet bill! Its hardly a riveting story is it.
Stamford1
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-09-2009, 06:22 AM
A story like that wouldn't even knock Jordan & Peter off the front page !! The bloke is obviousley trying his luck, don't give in to his demands, he's one of lifes scrotes that I'm afraid will try anything for a few extra quid to up his government funded lifestyle
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Good advice given form everyone so I will just say good luck and he is definately trying it on.
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-09-2009, 06:39 AM
My god what are we coming to! People now scamming to get free dog grooming! Tell this chancer to bog off. A vet wouldnt take swabs and send them away for free.
I use clippers to cut my husband and son's hair, to show the little fella their not scary I jab them into the palm of my hand quite vigorously, and Ive never managed to break any skin.
I feel truly sorry that you have had to be subjected to a muppet like that! Keep your chin up, you know you didnt do it and so does he!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-09-2009, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
(As far as I know clippers don't come with DNA ).
the DNA would be on the clippers after being used on the dog, or any other dog..
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »