View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2006, 07:58 PM
I think people can be so stupid sometimes. I was out for a walk last night. I was chatting to a man who asked what kind of dog Missy is. I said she's a Staffie and went on to say what great little dogs they are. His reply ............" until they start attacking people". I just laughed to myself and carried on with my walk. Today , I went to PAH. Missy was with me as usual. Well , what a mixed reaction we got in there . Some folk looked at her then walked the other way , as if they were avoiding "the nasty dangerous Staffie that might just bite them for no reason ". (Yes , the looks on their faces WERE that obvious). Other people were walking straight over and petting her , saying how gorgeous and well behaved she is. For some strange reason , Missy is a child magnet , they drag their parents across the shop to see the nice doggie.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Missysmum View Post
I went to PAH. Missy was with me as usual. Well , what a mixed reaction we got in there .
awwww-i feel for you! I was chatting to a lady this morning while having a coffee at my local country park and she said some people dont like it when her Staffy is off lead even though she is friendly.

If truth be known-joe public wouldnt be aware of many breeds if it wasnt for the media throwing fuel onto the fire and calling certain types 'devil dogs'.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 08:40 AM
Oh Chellie! I'm so glad Nala is ok, it could've been much worse. That stupid, stupid woman could do with a good boot up the backside It makes me so angry to think of people like you getting judged on your chosen breed, when clearly it's people like her, who have no control over their dogs, who should have restrictions placed on them :evil;
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 11:02 AM
im afraid if anyone had a go at me about ben id go balistic, cause theres only 1 dog hes agressive with is my neighbours dog ( he attacked ben last year) and ben hasnt forgot it.
but all he wants to do is play with everyone, some times he just trots past well hes normally on a squirrel hunting trip.
sorry to hear of everyones bad experience, theres some nasty ppl around, and unfortunatly us good folk tend to attract them.
barneys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-10-2006, 03:01 PM
I go up to every dog for a fuss and so do my dogs if the owner say it is all right I love all dogs of every kind and stop and make a fuss of them all---Aileen
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2