Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 11:59 AM
oh i agree most deffinately all 3
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 01:36 PM
I am all for hunting when not done for sports and when done right.

In fact I believe that hunting is much less cruel than supporting the conventinel farmer in his way of keeping cows, chickens, pigs etc. by buying his products in the shops.

Now thats where I would like ppl to scream animal rights and actually do something
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 01:40 PM
can you explain to me why you think its wrong the way farmers keep there cows sheep pigs etc i got a farm and none of my animals are treated bad so please could you explain
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
can you explain to me why you think its wrong the way farmers keep there cows sheep pigs etc i got a farm and none of my animals are treated bad so please could you explain
I was talking in general and was not making any accusations to the way you keep your animals. I´m sorry if you read it like that. It was not my intention.

My point is, that in general , farmers has to make a living out of this and the animals welbeing isnt the toppriority.
This means too many pigs on way too little space (same with other animals but just giving excamples here ok). When this happens, the pigs will fight and even kill eachother because of stress. They will have bruises and broken bodyparts - some never discovered.

Cows have now udders (think thats the right word?) allmost twice their normal size in order to produce more milk. They will on their last day of life get shuffed into trucks with maybe broken legs on a long and painfull drive to other countries to be slaughtered in order to get the highest prize for the meat.

Chickens has less and less hours of darkness avaible now to relax in. Just so they will eat more and grow faster. Their space is worse than I´ve ever seen before to be honest.

Now this is some of the way traditionel farmers will keep their animals.
Most "city people" who doesnt have their dayily way in stables have no idea but will buy the meat for excample if theres a pic of a happy cow on the front. I think they do it because they truly believe these animals had a good life, which they rarely dont.

It has been trying to keep animal in an ecology way. Unforetenally this means that its not legal to treat the animals with medicine that will treat them when sick, which again means bad animals rights..to me anyway.

I´m not saying this is how ALL farmers act but I do say its how the generel farmer does it. It is a business and because the competition on the market (do to us consumers) every penny counts.

Sadly I feel when the topic is hunting, most ppl pictures a crazy no brainer going mad in the woods killing everything that moves .
This is far from the truth and knowing what goes on in both the "farmer world" and when hunting, I must say I shake my head everytime some scream animal right on the hunting topic in generel

Last i know there might be some diff in the rules on both conventionel farming and hunting Denmark and the UK, but unless we keep an open and fair debate about this none of us will learn about them
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 03:49 PM
I'm not against hunting as long as it's for food and not sporting purposes. I hope to train gundogs one day for their original purpose, but will have to wait and see if I'm "man" enough to actually kill animals! If not guess I'll just have to stick to field trials!!
Also agree with Amts about some farmers. There are good ones out there but some very bad ones too. Like everything in life I guess.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 04:22 PM
forget hunting, what about killing animals for food? Slitting throats on conscious Chickens, stunning that renders the animal unconscious, but awake in time to be cut from top to bottom and in total agony (in some cases) All the fish that die a lingering death of suffercation, no stun gun for these guys, etc...

I shoot and hunt, I do not go fishing, cannot stand the slippery little so and so's, its my choice, and I am happy that what I do causes as little suffereing as is possible.

I dont agree with kiling for sport, but something that seems to being left out here, is the killing of certain animals that are verminous, and would ovverpopulate us if they werent controlled, by this i am meaning rodents, rats, mice, shrews, mole, voles etc.
Can I ask why you think Voles are verminous and will ever overpopulate? Water Voles are on the brink of dissappearing altogether, I would be absolutely horrified if one of my dogs EVER killed a Vole.
Dawn.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 04:30 PM
I simply don't like violence and killing anything is violent IMO.
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Julie
I simply don't like violence and killing anything is violent IMO.
And you dont want to think about what happens to the animals while they´re alive?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by staffiemad
dont agree with any hunting for just killing, if you are going to eat the animal afterwards, then its ok, but as long as its done without it being cruel and the animal or animals dont suffer!!
Ditto.
craig
Dogsey Junior

04-06-2005, 06:38 PM
hunting i good and fun as long as you eat what you kill
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »