View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-12-2011, 08:02 AM

Morning Vicki, morning all. Much as I enjoy reading all about the excitement of trees and cards and pressies I am really glad that I do not have to do all that!

I am hoping that my optician will be able to send one of his staff to collect my specs - possibly he will be able to straighten the chombled pair but it depends on whether Pereg's teeth scratched the anti-glare coating. My spare pair need adjusting as they are hurting the sides of my nose - normally he could pop round and sort them here but he is too busy, so I will be spec-less for a couple of hours as they have to go as well.

I have my bifocals of course but cannot read the monitor with them.

Glad I do not have to even pop across the road as I am having one of those "dare not move far from a loo" days.

Keep warm everyone.

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2011, 08:05 AM
Morning Cuz xxx

Tree been up a while here, and pressie bought, but TBH Im looking forward to next payday, as Im skint, was wondering if anyone would notice egg and chips for Christmas dinner as I have done no shopping yet.

would offer to sell my body but think I might only get small change for it.

Will have to sneak out and do the shopping by myself, dare not take Pat....he costs a fortune when food shopping

Morning All have a great day folks xxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

What a nice surprise Vicki.

Feel rubbish this morning a battle at the hospital yesterday about getting mum to Michael's christmas eve ( he will pick her up) but we need authorisation from Basildon to Kings Lynn hospital for the removal of the plaster in 3 weeks. Cold has come back so got up at 2 went back to bed Gorden started snoring.

Gorden is off christmas shopping today. So I must do the mince pies etc.

3 more sleeps.

Love the gem today I wish I had that yesterday. Have a good day all.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Good morning all

Well no work for me, I have an interview at 11am, and given that I only work mornings, it's hardly worth going in (Also the petrol would be astronomical to get to work, go back for the interview and going to work again). So spending time making myself look human.

Oh and much to my sons' delight his school is closed due to no heating. So he's off back to bed
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Good luck in the interview. If the job is what you want, I hope you get it. Hope you get it anyway because it's always good to have the option to turn it down
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good luck in the interview. If the job is what you want, I hope you get it. Hope you get it anyway because it's always good to have the option to turn it down
Thanks, the job is closer to home for a start, full time and in a school I am familiar with. Used to go to it. So fingers crossed I can get the interview right this time.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Morning Vicki, Morning All

The morning's nearly gone and I have still got a huge pile of work to do, in fact it doesn't seem any smaller than it was when I started it this morning Best get on then

Have a good day all.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Just a quick stop to say hello

now off to bed... crazy night last night at work... thak goodness only two more days to go!

Have a good day all!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Didn't get the job, but I was told that I should reapply if another vacancy comes up. Apparently it was a huge debate about who would get the job. Me or A.N. Other. Unfortunately A.N. Other got it instead.

So close but perhaps next time
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Aw, sorry to hear you didn't get the job, but, who knows, the next job that comes up maybe much better and you will land that one (really hope so) xx
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >