View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Just had a bath and the thought "devon minnow" came to me...

Is there a particular colour that would be rare? Or from days gone by?

There is one on ebay just now for £351!!!! Mother of pearl!! But I seem to remember it being a single colour then next question is if that could be the case wood or metal?
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Sorry I can't help with your query my son prefers Carp fishing, but I found this on ebay, but if it's the rare ones you're after at these prices I wouldn't say they were that rare HTH

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Devon-Minnow-Store
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Silver or opalescent ones are best for Salmon/Sea Trout as they look similar to what the fish feed on in the sea.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Sorry I can't help with your query my son prefers Carp fishing, but I found this on ebay, but if it's the rare ones you're after at these prices I wouldn't say they were that rare HTH

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Devon-Minnow-Store
Yeah would have to agree, though found http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HARDY-SILVER-D...QQcmdZViewItem and thats a scary price for 1 lure you still have to catch the fish!!!

Originally Posted by nero View Post
Silver or opalescent ones are best for Salmon/Sea Trout as they look similar to what the fish feed on in the sea.
Thanks is there a best size for salmon mainly but sea trout secondary like 2" 2 1/4 inch 2 1/2 inch etc????

You can see I learnt well all these times I was dragged up a river in the cold and the rain to learn how to fish....

Hmm he fly fishes too wonder if thats another line of enquiry!!!
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Now there's athought BM, flies, there's all sorts and they're not expensive.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Now there's athought BM, flies, there's all sorts and they're not expensive.

Does that not open up a whole NEW set of questions though.....what kind what type what this what that.

Maybe I should just send a letter to the North Pole on behalf of my dad and see what Santa can find

I'm usually good at thinking of stuff that I think people will like but am struggling here.

Well I know what he would want but just not sure what it is if that makes sense???

Confused? Yeah me too!!
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Does that not open up a whole NEW set of questions though.....what kind what type what this what that.

Maybe I should just send a letter to the North Pole on behalf of my dad and see what Santa can find

I'm usually good at thinking of stuff that I think people will like but am struggling here.

Well I know what he would want but just not sure what it is if that makes sense???

Confused? Yeah me too!!
The flies are all categorised, Trout, Sea Trout, Salmon etc, they're lures like the Devon minnows.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 04:38 PM
The flies are all categorised, Trout, Sea Trout, Salmon etc, they're lures like the Devon minnows.
Ok ta, will go have a look, though have just found a reel for £175 that with the mother of pearl minnow and you could buy a boat or rights to a river surely!!!!!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2