View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Wow that all sounds just fantastic Vicki, let alone all that scrummy food, I love the idea of the dinner bag Jackie does for the trip too, that's right up my street!!! The best part of it is no MEN, so you can act like a couple of nutters, have a great laugh, stuff yourselves silly, and fall into bed at night for a good night's sleep with no snoring (well, my friends don't!!)ready for an early rise for all that shopping! This sounds like heaven to me! Can't wait to hear all about it, and there's really no point in saying enjoy yourselves is there!!!!! Will miss you.xxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Awww...bless your little hearts. I'm exactly the same when going away with my girlie friends. Jackie is going to be so excited when you show her your secret stash. I love York, it's one of my favourite places and Harrogate is lovely too. Betty's is fab!!!!! You're not that far from us when you're there either! Have a fab time and I'll be sure to do a good job looking after the morning post for you Shopping must come first!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Vicki, hope you have a fab time and can you send me a cup of Betty`s rose petal tea and a vanilla slice? I was taken there by mum and dad when they came to visit me when I was on guide camp years ago.Memories......
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Oh, how could you mock me?

I can't count with all the excitement - it's actually 5
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Second husband (so many men, so little time.....) and I used to holiday in Yorkshire almost every year, and a trip to Betty's was always on the cards if we were near one.
Mind you, we were skint then, so had to be very frugal with our choice from the menu, especially as we had a three year old in tow.
Luckily, I don't have that problem now, thanks to husband number 3 (so many men, too old to care) and a decent job, so if I want the most expensive thing on the menu, I shall have it - so there!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Second husband (so many men, so little time.....) and I used to holiday in Yorkshire almost every year, and a trip to Betty's was always on the cards if we were near one.
Mind you, we were skint then, so had to be very frugal with our choice from the menu, especially as we had a three year old in tow.
Luckily, I don't have that problem now, thanks to husband number 3 (so many men, too old to care) and a decent job, so if I want the most expensive thing on the menu, I shall have it - so there!
You have the most expensive thing mate and enjoy it. You deserve it!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
You have the most expensive thing mate and enjoy it. You deserve it!
Thanks Jackie - but you know what I'm looking forward to more than anything? A cup of Betty's "house" tea in a white china cup and saucer, with absolutely nothing added - divine :smt049
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks Jackie - but you know what I'm looking forward to more than anything? A cup of Betty's "house" tea in a white china cup and saucer, with absolutely nothing added - divine :smt049
I know, it's fab isn't it just to have a cuppa the way it's supposed to be served. I love the decadence of a proper cream tea, scones, jam and cream, the lot!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 06:42 PM
I know, it's fab isn't it just to have a cuppa the way it's supposed to be served. I love the decadence of a proper cream tea, scones, jam and cream, the lot!
Oh and me hon. When we visited the grandkids last year, we drove into Beer, in Devon - an old haunt of mine - and had an absolutely scrummy cream tea. No other county does it quite as well
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 06:48 PM
My friend did 'Tea at the Ritz' last year and it's definitely gone on my things to do before I die list. You get your choice of teas and then they bring you the three tier cake tray with savoury pastries, sandwiches and cakes. When you've eaten them they just keep bringing more, and different teas for you to try.

The silver bracelet was actually my birthday present from Baz, Becky. Last year at Lincoln I bought a beautiful evening scarf, and some gorgeous hand made mint soap. I'm sure I'll find loads to spend the money on

See I did remember you had a lovely bracelet! (not going completely barmy.... yet!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >