Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
thank god I took out an identity theft insurace policy last week.
Is that you Denis ?
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Is that you Denis ?
Yep methinks I've got an identity crisis.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 11:14 PM
I have to say, since i first heard about this i have felt sick to the pit of my stomach to think that someone has got ALL the details of BOTH my children.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
I have to say, since i first heard about this i have felt sick to the pit of my stomach to think that someone has got ALL the details of BOTH my children.
Me too,...........and just to add, if anyone out there does know who has the info and is thinking of meddling with it.............you are more than welcome to add a few noughts onto the end of my money, I won't dob you in
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-11-2007, 11:39 PM
It is idiotic how a goverment office can do something like this, the files were not even encrypted.

I would also suggest people not rush into getting identity theft insurance as its sometimes not worth it.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
It is idiotic how a goverment office can do something like this, the files were not even encrypted.

I would also suggest people not rush into getting identity theft insurance as its sometimes not worth it.
It's only £6 per month Stormey, when you think of the consequences of somebody running up debt on your account. If that happens you're the one who has to stump up, if you don't, you get taken to court and also go on the bad debtors list.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
It's only £6 per month Stormey, when you think of the consequences of somebody running up debt on your account. If that happens you're the one who has to stump up, if you don't, you get taken to court and also go on the bad debtors list.
I dont know about your deal mate, but the vast majority only cover you for costs incured for sorting the mess out, such as time off work and phone calls and the like, banks are liable for the financial loses because consumers are covered by the Banking Code and the Consumer Credit Act.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-11-2007, 03:02 PM
I dont know about your deal mate, but the vast majority only cover you for costs incured for sorting the mess out, such as time off work and phone calls and the like, banks are liable for the financial loses because consumers are covered by the Banking Code and the Consumer Credit Act.
It's identitiy theft we're talking about Stormey, your bank will not be liable for any losses, it's like not shredding your statements/personal details that you get in the post, if you don't do this the banks deem you responsible for not protecting yourself.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-11-2007, 03:13 PM
ID theft polices cover cost incured sorting the mess out, they will not cover money taken from your accounts whether they be bank, credit cards or store cards as the banks and credit companys are liable for these.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-11-2007, 03:31 PM
ID theft polices cover cost incured sorting the mess out, they will not cover money taken from your accounts whether they be bank, credit cards or store cards as the banks and credit companys are liable for these.
Agreed, but if your cards are insured the insurance will pay up, this happened to me 10 years ago, someone got my details and used one of my cards down in Slough, the insurance company was on the phone the next day to say it looked suspicious, they credited me with the amount that was spent, about £46.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >