Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Don't be mean, let him get a Skyline.

He could buy this one for £17,500.00. It's a 2003 350GT premium special edition V35 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-NISSAN-SK...QQcmdZViewItem

or he could get a 1997 Nissan Skyline - R33 GTR V Spec for £9,995.00 : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-Nissan-Sk...QQcmdZViewItem
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2007, 05:56 PM
He only wants the E34!!! I wonder how much they are then???!!! Thanks for that Colin. He imports himself, that's how he got this Scubi, he has a contact in Tokyo who supplies him. Shame about the great sat nav system that's on this Scubi!!! OK if you want to drive around Tokyo and Japan I suppose!!!
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 03:24 PM
What lovely cars wont let my OH look lol
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Better not Jean, or he'll definitely want one!! The chap who did my gardening follows rallying and he was desperate for Dave to come home one night so he could have a "sit" in iT!!!!

If you're around in here Nero, where can I go to find something Subaru-ish to fill his Christmas stocking then please? (and NO I don't want one of those scantily clad young ladies that are usually draped over the bonnet in the mags!!!!)

JodeeUk was always going on about hers I wonder why she hasn't posted up a pic in here then??? Maybe it's not the STI one??
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Have you looked on: http://www.scoobyparts.com/

It's a great site.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Thanks Colin, I'm on my way
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Colin, I'm on my way
Helen. Scooby parts are notoriously expensive, It cost me £12 just for the keyring, why not get him a Scooby cap ?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 01:38 PM
What - a petrol cap??? or one he wears on his head??? Where please??? The link Colin gave me had 2 types of keyrings for only £4 each incl. postage?? They said they're genuine too! The rest of it is all techie stuff and he's probably already got all that. HIs mate bought him the jacket, and I wish I'd have known about the jackets coz I could have gotg one of those!
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2007, 02:08 PM
It's for his head also have a look at fog lamps, as I said, don't buy Scooby ones, Halfords sell two lamps for £20 and they're really good, they have a wide spread beam, The standard lights on the car are very good but in thick fog the fog lamps make a big difference cos they're lower down and you don't get as much glare back as you do with the headlamps.

Your hubby can fit them himself, just take the fairings off the corners of the front bumper (they're only held on with plastic clips) cut a hole in them for the lamps, then fit a cone behind them for the lights to shine through, I used two heavy plastic flowerpots as a recess and welded the pots to the inside of the fairings with a heat rod (have a look at my pic) as I said, total cost including the relay was £32, a big difference from the £550 the Subaru wanted, admittedly, the Subaru kit includes the fairings but why pay that money for a bit of plastic ?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Lol Nero, before making the purchase, I'd better check out that he watched all of the Blue Peter episodes as a kid by the sounds of it!!!! Will I be able to get a baseball cap then? He's got loads that he wears for his Touring Car racing, so I know he would wear one of those? Halfords again for that???

Thanks for all that, I'll do a print out to go with the headlamps!!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2