View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Is there not a dog warden locally who could have a word?
If she does contact the RSPCA, try the local branch first, not the national one.
But make sure your friend doesn`t have it wrong. I was shouted at today for `kicking my dog`. In fact I had swung my leg forward to block one of them from leaping after a cat in a garden. So make sure it is abuse first?
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2012, 08:53 AM
I agree, ensure it is abuse; it does sound like it unfortunately

It may be the owner is a bully, trains harshly (although why would she hit her dog when it was toileting in her garden?) or is unwell mentally... either way, the dog could be in trouble and might need intervention and help.

Having just read some of the RSPCA reports on animal abuse, I am sadly not at all amazed if people of any age enjoy or choose to hurt animals... for some I believe it gives them a cruel pleasure, even if it is an apparently minor thing they are doing.

I agree, speak at least to the dog warden and ensure there is a visit. However I'd tend to go as far as possible and get RSPCA involved if they will come out.

If she is hitting it, I'd prefer to hope the dog is taken away, as clearly the relationship has broken down and the dog might be safer elsewhere.

Wys
x
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Thanks everyone, I will certainly pass on all your good advice
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2