Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
how dare she say im cruel to them!
She'll be telling everyone about the cruel woman that won't let her dogs have treats and how mean she thinks it is
Is one of the things that winds me up too, wish folk wouldn't do it especially without asking if it's ok.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 01:05 PM
I had a neighbour who used to dish out munchy rolls like treats and wouldn't speak to me for ages when I asked her not to give one to my dog, whose weight I was struggling to maintain at the time. She did eventually come round but I don't think she ever forgave me!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 01:21 PM
One of the responses to me asking people not to stroke Daisy is `But dogs like me!`. Then they lurch at her and I have to take swift avoiding action.
Do people think they we are all as daft as they are perhaps?
seren1981
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-01-2011, 01:35 PM
I hate that

I know a lady that does it, she fed her (obese) dog almost entirely on asda chew strip things, the poor thing had permanent diarrhea and recently died

She feeds all the local dogs on these chews when she meets them, they do not agree with Noodles' bowels at all, I have tried telling her but she will not listen. The thing that annoys me even more than the feeding is that she is encouraging him to snatch, she wont wait for him to sit, he sees her a a mobile vending machine and he looses all manners and grabs, I have tried telling her to wait and he will sit and take it gently, but she says 'oh, he is ok'

Se even gives them to dogs tied up outside sops with no owner around to check it is ok.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 02:59 PM
I've only ever had this problem once and that was about 18 months ago when I had Zane with me adn I was walking past the shops a tthe end of my road.

SOme silly woman (didn't know her and haven't seen her since either) tried to hand out treats to Zane. He almost took her arm off as he lunged towards her and of course, I recieved a mouthful of abuse. She got a fair bit back too but it took agood couple of weeks fo training to get Zane to re-learn his manners.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2011, 03:07 PM
im glad im not the only one then that wouldve been furious! but then again i have the same problem with people who come and visit the new forest and feed the ponies when there are signs up all over the forest DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS they arnt wild ones they belong to the commoners ,you get stuipd people giving a foal a carrot then complain when the mare comes up and kicks thier kids or bites them cos shes protecting her baby, lol but thats another thread
hopkinss12
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-01-2011, 04:31 PM
I was out walking my two a year or so ago and a woman ( who did not have a dog with her) asked if it was Ok to give them a treat, and then proceded to pull out a packet of digestive biscuits!
I said "Please don't" to which she replied "But they want one."
I then started to explain all the reasons why I did not want strangers feeding my dogs, but she would not listen and walked off in a huff.
Still, perhaps I should be thankful that she did ask first.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I find it strange how people can carry round dogs treats yet not have a dog with them...
Could be they have a dog and just have treats stuck in their pocket? I frequently forget to take bags of treats out of my pockets and so often have chicken or beef liver on me.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
Could be they have a dog and just have treats stuck in their pocket? I frequently forget to take bags of treats out of my pockets and so often have chicken or beef liver on me.
This is true, I seem to have at least one poo bag in every pair of jeans I own
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
This is true, I seem to have at least one poo bag in every pair of jeans I own
Empty I hope
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >