Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
My mum is a doctor, and on their first ever lecture when she was at uni, the guy counted the room and said "statistically, three of you won't live to complete this course" and he was right.... two RTCs and one meningitis.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2012, 07:12 PM
It's very sad isn't it? We should all remember how fragile life is

I had a horrible experience a good few years back with one of my good school friends - we were out on our motorbikes when a bus jumped a red light and basically went right through him. A broken neck, pelvis, thigh, both legs, 2 months in a coma and nearly a year of skin grafts later he survived - but dear god I still have nightmares of witnessing that and holding onto him thinking he was dead
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
It's very sad isn't it? We should all remember how fragile life is

I had a horrible experience a good few years back with one of my good school friends - we were out on our motorbikes when a bus jumped a red light and basically went right through him. A broken neck, pelvis, thigh, both legs, 2 months in a coma and nearly a year of skin grafts later he survived - but dear god I still have nightmares of witnessing that and holding onto him thinking he was dead
OMG! That must have been sooo traumatic! I am happy he survived ... lucky man.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Had a shock this weekend. One of my old school buddies died in Portugal of liver complications. We were all quite tight when we were at school and in sixth form, but I hadn't seen him in years. However, we got in touch again a few years ago on a particular social networking site. I was only speaking to him on there a few days ago

Since hearing about his untimely death, I was also told that another school friend died two years ago of cancer. That brings the total (as far as I know) in our year to four deaths (two accidents, two illnesses).

We were all only 40 this year

So sad.

Carpe Diem. Seize the day!
Kirsty, a few years ago I went to a school re-union for our class year, it was quite a jolly affair with lot's of jokes about what we got up to, then we sat down for the dinner, I was still joking with the guys next to me when I picked up the menu and just happened to turn it over, on the back was a list of those who had died, it was a real shock to me I just never thought about that at all, in my mind everyone in our class was still around even if they couldn't make it to the re-union, as you say 'carpe diem'
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
OMG! That must have been sooo traumatic! I am happy he survived ... lucky man.
Indeed, he ended up touring the world for three years and is now married with a lovely wee girl. I vividly remember fighting with this stupid stupid woman who kept shouting "i'm a first aider!!!" whilst trying to pull his crash helmet off - I had to physically keep her away before she paralysed, or killed him, stupid cow makes my blood boil to this day!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Kirsty, a few years ago I went to a school re-union for our class year, it was quite a jolly affair with lot's of jokes about what we got up to, then we sat down for the dinner, I was still joking with the guys next to me when I picked up the menu and just happened to turn it over, on the back was a list of those who had died, it was a real shock to me I just never thought about that at all, in my mind everyone in our class was still around even if they couldn't make it to the re-union, as you say 'carpe diem'
Oh my, that is shocking Harvey! I bet it quite put you off your food.

Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Indeed, he ended up touring the world for three years and is now married with a lovely wee girl. I vividly remember fighting with this stupid stupid woman who kept shouting "i'm a first aider!!!" whilst trying to pull his crash helmet off - I had to physically keep her away before she paralysed, or killed him, stupid cow makes my blood boil to this day!
OMG! I am no first aider but even I know that you should NEVER try to take a motorcycle helmet off a casualty. Silly woman!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2