I thought diabetes.

But I'm not a vet.

Go to the vets!!

Hugs for Ben
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Hope all goes well and Bens tablets start to work soon.
x
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Thanks again all,

Away to take Ben for hopefully his last widdle of the night and try to get some sleep.

Am very worried about him, but hopefully its just paranoia, have put newspaper down under radiator where he used to widdle as a pup, in the hope that he will go there if need be, as I think he must have been distressed last night / this morning when he needde out, will also set alarm to wake me up (like I'll sleep) during night.

Goodnight
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Healing vibes for Ben
Hugs for you
x
goldenbas
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-09-2006, 08:33 PM
sounds like what was wrong with our old dog Goldie, turnt out she had diabetes,she used to shake/tremble that was her having a "hypo" and we used to give her a spoonful of honey, she would be fine after a few minutes. we used to write down how many bowls of water Goldie used to go through and how often she urinated in an hour (things like that) seemed to help the vet figure out what was wrong.

Im not saying this is whats wrong with ur dog cause im not a vet but it just sounded like Goldie's symptoms at the beginning.

Hope i dont worry u
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 06:22 AM
Originally Posted by goldenbas View Post
sounds like what was wrong with our old dog Goldie, turnt out she had diabetes,she used to shake/tremble that was her having a "hypo" and we used to give her a spoonful of honey, she would be fine after a few minutes. we used to write down how many bowls of water Goldie used to go through and how often she urinated in an hour (things like that) seemed to help the vet figure out what was wrong.

Im not saying this is whats wrong with ur dog cause im not a vet but it just sounded like Goldie's symptoms at the beginning.

Hope i dont worry u

THanks any help or pointers are greatly appreciated, in a way diabetes would I think be controllable, I don't know much about Kidnet stuff except it was Kudney failure that resulted in my childhood dog, also Goldie, being PTS

Was up 4 times with Ben duing the night, so far no more trembling (not sure if thats good or bad) but lots of peeing. He still hasn't eaten any dog food at all (PAH complete dried Chicken flavour) so made him some plain boiled rice this morning, and he ate that (don't know if that was right thing to do or not, but was just worried he would not be getting any nutrients or anything to fight whatever this is ). He is still full of life and at this moment has his kong in his mouth and is playing "football" with his ball all at the same time.

Dad got to doggy sit again today I am SO not popular
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 08:46 AM
awww hope Ben is on the road to recovery, perhaps he was shaking becuase of an infection and the tablets are working their magic??? Helaing vibes. x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
) so made him some plain boiled rice this morning, and he ate that (don't know if that was right thing to do or not,
Hi Bens Mum I think that is quite the best thing to do, dogs on complete food drink lots more anyway. If you can manage to put Ben on rice with a little fish or chicken and some porridge if he will eat it (no milk and don't give honey at the moment in case of diabetes) he will want to drink much less and you will ease the pressure on the kidneys.
Hope Ben is a bit better soon.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Have fed Ben some Chicken tonight and he has eaten it, he is still very alert and still wants to play, but he is still weeing an awful lot and its pretty clear when it comes out, have read mixed things about that but most articles seem to say that the urine should not be clear as this means that its leaving toxins in his body??????

Went to PAH and bought him new toys to cheer him up...isn't it amazing how we give them human characteristics and in true form the squeaky flower has now been desqueaked.

He is still drinking loads aswell (like 2 and half bowls)
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 07:03 AM
Quick update...

Ben got vets at 5.30 tonight can you please send good, positive,healthy (or at least treatable) vibes his way...

He has had some more chicken this morning and ate that, I mixed it with some wafcol senior (he's only just turned two!!) as the woman in PAH said that wafcol senior was one of the lowest protein complete foods thats commercially available, which apparently is what you want to feed if kidney probs, low protein and low phosphorous. Also suggested I ask vet about herbal treatments such as kidney tablets and greenleaf to compliment "normal" treatments, anyone used either?

He ate his chicken and wafcol. He got out last night at 11.30pm and weed more than I can drink (and thats going some!!) but needed out again at 4.00 but that is 4 and a hlf hours.....again he weed a lot.

I got up at 6 and purposely didnt let him out, I boiled his rice for today, put a washing on had my shower etc etc and finally let him out at 7.45 and again he needed to go. It is slightly yellow tinged in colour having examined it but a very watery yellow.

Anyway I can't do anymore I don't think

Fingers crossed the vet has something positive to say, even just a wee bit positive
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >