Female 

22-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Black!

Its the J1, not the V1.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 10:50 PM
I don't understand this camera I've read the instruction booklet but still don't get it I know nothing about photography settings and feel like I'm definitely not getting the best out of it yet
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Jessops talked me into buying a Nikon 1 today. I'll let you know how it goes when I've had a play
The pictures from the Nikkon do look amazing! Nikkon is a very reliable make so you cannot go far wrong. Just don't leave the bag on display anywhere as horrible people will target a bag with nikkon written on it.
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
I don't understand this camera I've read the instruction booklet but still don't get it I know nothing about photography settings and feel like I'm definitely not getting the best out of it yet
You should have seen me when i got my samsung galaxy, i was hopeless! Just keep reading, and if you get stuck pop back into the store and ask the sales advisor to give you a little lesson.
Try by going outside and taking pictures of random things to get the hang of it. Try different settings, and light shades until you nail it. If it has got a sunset setting on it, try getting a snap of a sun setting or rising, it's amazing how the camera can turn it into an amazing picture!
Parkers
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Nikon is an amazing make so you got yourself a great camera!

I cannot say anything about the settings etc as I never had a Nikon 1 (nor seen one) but don't be afraid to play with it. Try different settings in different lights and decide which you like best.

If it is anything like a Nikon D90 then give me a shout and I will give you a simple run down of each setting
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Got to www.yophotographer.com they have some great explanations which will help you get started and get the best out of your camera (it's advertised by dogsey, so hopefully won't get in trouble for suggesting this link).

I hope you get the feel for it soon and enjoy playing around with it
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Still not exactly master of my camera but have managed to get a nice shot or two with it. I'm getting a lot of blurred photos (maybe I expect too much from it?) but when it takes a nice shot, it really is beautiful

Azz
Administrator
Male 

31-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Great shots Amanda! Love that first shot.

Impressed!

As Melanie mentioned, get over to YoP
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2