Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Just three little words that don't go together with Missy

I do have a couple of places round here which I feel are safe enough to let her off lead ( no major roads, all fenced) and today we went for a walk in one, before the down pour which is threatening.

So, I release the catch.. off you go girl...

Off she trots, with a gait the Spanish Riding School horses would die for.... trot ... trot..trot...

then she finds something fascinating to sniff....

Sniff ...sniff.....sniff...wee!

Trot, trot, trot.... sniff... sniff... sniff...wee

What part of off lead run did she not understand?
Only time I have ever seen her run and mean it is when we take the chuckits and the tennis balls out.

Left to her own devices, its the trot, sniff, wee

I don't mind really, if you saw her little face, you would know she's in doggy heaven.

Left to their own devices, would your dogs run?
At the start , flat out!then they calm down to canter!!!!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 12:34 PM
ben will only run when theres a squirrel in site. or a balls being thrown. other than that he just ambles along sniffing n having a pee.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Felix likes to amble along and sniff everything but occasionally has bursts of speed - Indy and Harry were born to be wild and will go flat out running side by side when space allows ie. on a deserted beach!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Mine is a poddler most of the time. I have always said that he must have been a Bloodhound in a former life, because it is just sniff...sniff...more sniffing...sniff...for the whole walk. He will run around with other dogs, to catch up with me and when we do retrieving, but the rest of the time it is poddling and sniffing. Basically, he is a lazy bugga.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Haha...this made me smile

Leon has been known to run quite fast at times but I have to admit that he is quite a lazy boy and tends to potter about behind me. I let him off at every walk as we are lucky that there are places with no traffic, he goes back on the lead when we approach the roads, he spends ages mooching about and taking in all the lovely smells along the way xx
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Both Cox and Belle are trotters lol. They will only run if chasing something or playing with each other (rare) or chasing a ball.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Run?!?! I think Mia teleports, take your eye off her and she is nowhere to be seen, then she pops up miles away in the totaly different direction from where you think she went

LOL I can just imagine that!!

Marius is the opposite of Missy - he runs EVERYWHERE. Well, when I say run, it's more like a thundering gallop. I swear he sounds like a flaming horse galloping towards you sometimes.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Lennon would (and has) so apart from the one time, NO off lead for him!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 08:26 PM
china very very very rarely goes off lead but at times when we do let her off - she ventures no further than she would on her extendable lead!

although let her off on a deserted beach and she goes mental on the sand!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Hi,

Zane and Yiannis will run flat out butwon't ever go out of site and it'sonly now that Zane has the confidence to go a littel further than Yiannis. They're both very clingy and continually come back to me, regardless of other dogs etc.

Ellie on the other hand hasn't ever run flat out. I don't think she knows how. If Oscar is with us on a walk I can let her off lead knowing full well she'll stick to him like glue. Otherwise I have to to be very careful as she'd go trotting off over the hills and far away never to be seen again. Her recall is pretty good for an Akita but she has her moments!

Laura xx
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >