View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rh3a_83
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-06-2005, 09:00 AM
My puppy eats it all the time like she is a cow!

She is never sick though, so i guess she just likes the taste of it!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Oh tell me about it!...When the grass around my area has been cut and the cut grass lays on top Takoda literally picks up mouthfulls and gulps it down...I don't think it is because he needs to be sick at all because when ever there is grass that has been cut he does it every time and he can't be feeling like he wants to be sick everytime??...He also will try to pick up anything and everything else that is in his grasp so I think it is because he just thinks everything is food.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2005, 12:54 PM
Tam takes mouthfulls of it too. She isn't sick after it and yep it hang from her bum too

I think Tam just likes the taste of it
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2005, 03:22 PM
yep - would have to agree - Bruno also is the small cow and eats it in wads - and it also hangs out of his bum - lovely... however he gets quite upset when he cant errmm get all the poo to reach the ground and starts to panic almost - so sometimes I have the pleasant job of removing the long threads - his beautiful assistant - YUK - who would have a dog !! LOL
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-06-2005, 09:01 PM
I don't have problems coming out of Blackie rear end, but he only eats fresh grass, once it has been cut he dosn't bother.

If you are not looking at him you can hear him ripping it up!

Ian
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Jake eats loads of grass. I asked my vet why this is he told me there are many myths as to why dogs eat grass; they eat it to induce vomitting, they get nutrients they need from the grass etc etc. He say's they probably do it pureley for the simple reason that they like it. Watching Jake I have to agree with him
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by jake
Jake eats loads of grass. I asked my vet why this is he told me there are many myths as to why dogs eat grass; they eat it to induce vomitting, they get nutrients they need from the grass etc etc. He say's they probably do it pureley for the simple reason that they like it. Watching Jake I have to agree with him

couldnt agree more - sure Bruno has a little bit of cow in him !! he certainly has the colouring of a dairy cow !! LOL
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2005, 11:03 PM
lol Brundog he's gorgeous, mind you jake is mainly black and white also so there could be some truth in that theory of yours................................
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by jake
lol Brundog he's gorgeous, mind you jake is mainly black and white also so there could be some truth in that theory of yours................................
Same goes for Blackie, I wonder if it is a black and white thing?

Ian
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2005, 08:58 AM
hee hee - there is maybe something in that !! LOL
he quite likes cows too - a highland cow licked Bruno's face once - maybe they recognise their own !!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2