View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Couldn't say it any better than Vicki already did.
Just voting here you take her advice *hugs*
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 01:25 PM
After seeing that list I agree with everyone about it being stress. I think it is amazing you are still holding it together.
So I'm with Vicki on this, relax and take some time for yourself and switch off from the world. xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-03-2008, 01:38 PM
OMG Helena, when I read your post 6 above I'm really amazed how you've managed these last 18 months.

Don't worry about the car, that doesn't sound too serious, OH backed into the gate the other day, when I was younger I might have said something but now I just scooped up the bits of red & yellow plastic and put them in a box to be stuck back when I feel like it

The meditation idea is good, but I also think a hobby is good too. No don't go to the Doc. at this stage I'm sure you can sort it out yourself. As for driving, well I wouldn't advise chatting away at the wheel, it's so tempting but problem is your mind inevitably starts to concentrate on the subject being discussed and not on the road etc. Hope that doesn't sound harsh but we really don't want read that you've been involved in an RTA and I'm sure Dave has the same thoughts.

I'm still a bit shocked by seeing the pics of that Brno motorway pile up last Thursday even 'tho we never use that road. Most likely caused by a single driver not thinking about what he was doing

And don't change yourself, that would be a totally unnecessary step. Things will settle down now, you'll have the house in order soon (Unlike us where our house will never be finished or in any sort of order )

I'm sure everyone will agree we love you the way you are
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Awwwww H I love you just the way you are.You don't need no shrink.You've just had an awful lot on your mind and to contend with.You just need to get back to normal and be able to relax.I think a lovely pampering weekend could just be the order of the day and soon.xxxxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Thanks Jackie, that is soooooo tempting too to be Cassie'd!!! xxx

Thanks Steph, that would be great, only trouble is Dave can't take a holiday now coz he sacked one of his mechanics, and there's nobody now to leave in charge, he'd have no business when he got back! I could go on my own though with Georgie, maybe down to the New Forest for a couple of days, just peace and quiet, him and me, leaving Dave happilly at home too in peace and quiet and Mum tucked up in her care home! xxx

Thanks MissE, and I will

Thanks Lionhound, and it's not just that great big list of whirlwind events, but all the pitfalls that I found on the way that really did my head in! Never mind, time to relax now, it's ALL done, the whole place, time to concentrate on getting myself right and getting mum back home with us, but quite honestly I'm going to leave that bit for another month to give myself more time of this new found freedom! You see, I'm really NOT mad, I'm still thinking straight! Lol!xxxx

Lol at you H, that did make me laugh about you scooping up the plastic bits and putting them in a box for later!!!!! Funnilly enough Dave has been ok about my two recent collisions with his car (the front and the back!)whereas a few years ago he would have done his nut at me, he probably knows that isn't a good idea right now! Lol! I expect he's taken out one of those self preservation orders on himself for the moment!

Even Mum was always saying to me that I've done more in the past year than most people do in a lifetime, and that was without all the worry and extra work of her having had 3 falls during that time!

I'm not depressed, just glad it's all over, in fact, I'll probably miss a lot of it!! I can't understand Dave's thinking though to send me to the quack?? That's very strange He knows I'm not a pill popper except in cases of dire emergency, nor a drinker, although I WAS many moons ago, but I haven't even taken that up again - yet!!! If I DO need to go to the quack, I will see my lovely heart nurse who has been ringing me quite often of late since our recently visit, just to check I'm being a good girl and not overdoing it! She'd understand I know that much, she's definitely on my way length she made me laugh a lot when I saw her last.

I just want it to stop, it has, so hopefully I will be fine, if I do some of that meditation, (as opposed to medication!) and if not, it's off to the shrink I go! I would quite enjoy that actually, I could talk to my heart's content couldn't I and he'd be the one falling asleep, not me!!!! xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Awwwww H I love you just the way you are.You don't need no shrink.You've just had an awful lot on your mind and to contend with.You just need to get back to normal and be able to relax.I think a lovely pampering weekend could just be the order of the day and soon.xxxxxxxxxx
Awww thanks Lorraine and Lol I read that first bit as " ..... You don't need to shrink"!!!! LMAO Yes, I think you're right, and Tracy aka Trixybird, has offered to go with me a while back, so I might just do that if she's free xxxxxx
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 02:11 PM
I dont think you have anything to worry about at all, I am saying that because if you need help then so do I. Yesterday did a shopping list just before I went out then lost it could not remember where I put it. Searched my pockets, bag, but could not find it. Eventually found it in my bag when I got to the shops. My husband just does not understand how I can have something in my hand one minute and then lose it the next. I lose count of the amount of times I lose my glasses in one day. Again husband says why dont you put them where you know they will be, it just doesnt work that way. I have been known to look for my glasses when they are sitting on my head. Definately no pills needed, would never go down that road. I find I have to really concerntrate when I am at work other wise I would get in to all sorts of trouble. I think we all go through these stages when we get older, but I always laugh about the silly things I do and say.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 02:38 PM
You don't need a shrink! You need us!
We're much more effective and much nicer and also won't give you any side effects!
Plus, the money you save on the shrink can go towards some new shoes, or bags, or anything!

You need to take some time out for YOU.
Go and get pampered, and if you are one of those who has never tried a facial etc, try it, they are brill for relaxing and making you feel special.

Give Georgie a big cuddle, and Dave too. Think of something you haven't been able to do since you've been sorting out things at home and Mum... and do it!

I keep finding myself doing daft things lately, but I've come to the conclusion that daft is normal so that makes it all ok lol.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Thanks Katie, but I've always been like that anyway, this is kind of different though.

Lol you're definitely right there Becky! Even having written all this down, made me feel a lot better when I could see what I've been through, and it's pretty unbelievable even to me who went through it!!! Yes I've had facials and full body massages which were lovely at the time, but at the moment, I'd probably be thinking "for Christ's sakes hurry up I've got so much to do after all this"!!! and that's not quite how it's supposed to be is it! I might give that a go - she might have to strap me to that table though!

One thing that does calm me down lately is giving Georgie a good grooming with loads of kisses thrown in, he loves it, I like it (although it hurts my back at the moment being on the floor with him )and it does help to get rid of some of the stress, so it looks like Georgie's in for it later on then! He's gone a bit too clingy lately too, I don't know what that's all about, maybe he feels my stress vibes too as well as Dave

I sound like I'm a right old misery at the moment, which I'm not, but I have to say it doesn't take much to light my fuse at the moment, but that's been understandable of late hasn't it (lino???!!! ) At least I've recognised the problem, got time to reflect now and do something about it rather than let it get worse. Daft isn't the problem at the moment, coz I've always had my senior moments, but in the past they've been quite innocent, i.e. handbag in washing machine that kind of thing, I just don't want them to start getting dangerous, i.e. pranging the car and ending up in Hospital myself or worse, hurting somebody else, or setting fire to the house by accident of course, but it could get like that couldn't it with some of the stupid things I do when I'm like this. Bit scarey! Nah, I'll be ok, I've still got my marbles, just that they're a bit mixed up at the moment! Hey ho (I keep saying that a lot now too!!!)xxxxxx
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 04:28 PM
yep a holiday is just what the doctor ordered. no shrink. was OHs fault he parked the car there not you. u only have 1 pair of eyes.and u was using them to the max.
so relax for now and plan that holiday.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >