Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
Mack is obsessed with Squirrels, can't even say the word without him starting to get excited.

Meg's is mud and water, she can't resist it
lol, jake loves squirrels too... and rabbits... and birds... well, really most things that move although he doesnt know the words like your boy

Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
It is a bit strange but that is Louis, thinking I might take him down town to the bank and see if they will give him some
you should! how could they resist that gorgeous face??

Originally Posted by Dale's mum View Post
With Chip it has to be balls. At agility last week a couple of boys stopped to watch and they were just holding a ball. I had to ask them to hide it so I could get him to concentrate again.
Dale has lots of odd things around the house: hoover, ironing board, dusters, tablets being put in the dish washer to name but a few....... Any ideas how to cure Dale gratefully accepted, though I think I've tried the lot
lol, dale is obsessed with a lot no ideas how to cure it though lol...

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Hoki gets obsessed with just about anything and everything. Her mains ones are:
golf (not the ball but the swing of the golf club)
vacuum cleaners
lawn mowers
fireworks
cats

Tip is obsessed with Hoki

Stumpy is obsessed with the hose pipe/super soaker water pistol and mice.
that made me smile what a cutie he is! thats a funny one with hoki and golf

Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Oh god, don't know where to start with this one!

Currently Monty is obsessed with chewing his feet but the vet will be dealing with this one!

Aside from the feet thing he is obsessed with the following:

* Putting tennis balls down the back of the sofa
* Cats, just saying the word makes him go nuts
* sweeping brushes and the Hoover
* lying in front of the fire
aw lol, what a cutie loving the tennis ball one lol
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Without a doubt, squirrels, cats and rabbits.
We've had many heart stopping moments when Maggie's chased off at full pelt across the field and disappeared into the hedges and the field beyond in hot pursuit. Her recall goes out the window!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by JanieM View Post
Without a doubt, squirrels, cats and rabbits.
We've had many heart stopping moments when Maggie's chased off at full pelt across the field and disappeared into the hedges and the field beyond in hot pursuit. Her recall goes out the window!
lol, jakes the same. its a nightmare! i cant let him offlead in the mornings now coz its too dark, and he goes off chasing things and i cant see him. so i keep him on lead now.
richwsmith
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Poppy is obsessed with cats. Soon as one has been spotted the usual routine of the walk (i.e. going to the toilet, smelling around etc) goes out the window to the extent that you have to take her back inside and back out again later to actually do her business!

She’s never off the lead as the neighbourhood would be holding weekly cat funerals!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by richwsmith View Post
Poppy is obsessed with cats. Soon as one has been spotted the usual routine of the walk (i.e. going to the toilet, smelling around etc) goes out the window to the extent that you have to take her back inside and back out again later to actually do her business!

She’s never off the lead as the neighbourhood would be holding weekly cat funerals!
aw, that sounds bad. glad you keep her on a lead, dont like the idea of lots of cat funerals
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Scout is obsessed with lights she is truly OCD. she'll stare at the floor by the bedroom door when we walk in, as we may turn on the light (which reflects off the door onto the floor) and she'll get to chase them. she actually gets stressed and will bark/yip/yelp/whine at the lights when she fails to capture them. Camping with Scout is a bit of an exercise in patience (and practicing seeing in the dark)... flashlights drive her crazy, and she'll actually attack an off flashlight so it'll turn on.

Oliver is obsessed with Dogs. his friends he wants to play with 24/7 and strange dogs need to be attacked....

Mouse is obsessed with me. She wont go more than a couple of feet from me at any time, heaven forbid she cant see me.

Zoe's obsessed with herself. It's all about her! and time actually, if she doesn't get what she's supposed to get at a specific time she drives us nuts!
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
lol, jakes the same. its a nightmare! i cant let him offlead in the mornings now coz its too dark, and he goes off chasing things and i cant see him. so i keep him on lead now.
I know what you mean. Off lead is a risk with Maggie and recall training is an always ongoing process, we just try to keep her attention on us so go down there with a pile a different toys to throw to keep her interested . We do odd bits of trick training intermingled with the playing but I so wish I could just take her for a walk in the country and have her off lead and not worry, that really is too much of a risk so it's only the playing field she's off lead for now. Better than nothing though I guess.

We're never had a chaser/hunter type dog before so we're forever learning!
richwsmith
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
aw, that sounds bad. glad you keep her on a lead, dont like the idea of lots of cat funerals
Me neither, she is so focused and so fast they wouldn't stand a chance as most of them think they are safe atop a 5ft fence, they certainly are not!

The beach with another dog is the only time she cn be let off for short periods, had some success with this recently, lovely to see her running free.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Dustpan brushes,
Brooms
Hairbrushes
His Toys,
His Bed,
Socks
LOL!
Max-a-million!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-11-2009, 12:21 PM
My BT is obsessed with "feet"!!! He goes crazy if you have your socks off!! He is a great foot masseur!!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >