Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
iwlass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Where's Wally?
I can absolutely see what a fun game this must have seemed for Harvey - but rather less fun for my four year old (who, for the record, hadn't been playing with Harvey but was standing quietly chatting to me at the time)!

I expect it may indeed have been harmless play-growling (and he's a gorgeous, good natured, playful pup) but his grip on the t shirt was absolute and I didn't particularly want to take the risk that it might be a more serious growl, given the rather delicate nature of where Harvey's teeth might have chosen to 'play' next!!
Once he had settled in, Molo spent nearly every waking moment trying to dangle off clothing; and my 3 1/2 year old daughter took up residence on the back of the sofa where he couldn't reach her

It sounds like your pup has settled in and has become confident enough with you all to play as puppies do At this age, he isn't capable of a "more serious growl" - all pups do is eat, sleep, poop and PLAY

Find a method that works for you, stick with it - and it WILL get better, a bit at a time until you suddenly realise that you are not walknig around with a puppy dangling from your clothing
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2005, 11:53 AM
He was certainly hungry (I fed him after a reasonable time gap but made him wait while I ate something first)
Can I ask why you did this ? Not I hope because of what dog packs do in the wild theory , because in the wild the first to get fed after the hunters return are the puppies & lowest ranked dogs left behind.

As to the hanging on for grim death it raised a smile as when my friend has dane puppies I have to wear "proper"shoes instead of my usual clog/sandal style & make sure I have no clothing dangling as they grab the nearly bit of shoe or clothing & ten + puppies doing this makes walking difficult

Your puppy is simply being a puppy, no nastiness no aggression just normal puppy behaviour. I teach my puppies to give from day one I throw a toy or play tuggy & then say give & offer a tasty treat(lol I also say thank you ), so if this situation arises the puppy knows giving up means something even better will end up in it's mouth
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2