View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Our local vets give us a discount of about 20% on our rescues. Not only that, but despite the fact that they are in the London area, they are pretty cheap anyway - so much so that it is sometimes cheaper for us to transport a dog 50 miles or more to our vet than have them treated in the area in which they are being fostered. We have come across some vets that charge double the price of our vet for spaying/neutering even before we get our discount.

Mick
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 01:47 PM
We do get a discount at our vets for the rescue but still sometimes a new owner who lives a distance away prefers to use their own vet for neutering if its not been done, so we pay their vet the amount we would pay here & the owner pays the rest
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 04:46 PM
The foster i have is being spayed tomorrow and its full price, because its at my vets and not the one the rescue usually use (because of my location) the one the rescue use do give a discount i think but i don't know how much
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks for your replys everyone.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 07:03 PM
The rescue we work with is owned by the wife of a vet so they get vaccs etc at cost price. But for ops and things, they go to a nearby vet who gives a discount (her hubby is an equine vet!)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2