Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2014, 08:37 AM
helloooo again

zena back and tony still in one pierce - result! official note I am now ambidextroux - mastered mouse with left hand but now realize how much you struggle with the keyboard Gordon. zena was good at walking backwards until into woods when she completely forgot about me an enjoyed an hour in there. he met his son who instantly fell in love with her. threw her baqll and took lead to walk up the track so she never showed me up at all and he.s coming 2 pick her up again 2moro if dave noy home.

veeeeeery interesting lighting gas hob with one hand LOL try it!!!!! BANG as you move hand over to ignition LOL.

difficult 2 correct stuff with left hand mouse sorry folks.

internet shop now awww gaaawd an then my first bath for 2 years (havehad showers though) have 2 streeeeetch left hand 2 to brackets with one finger on shift key so wont be doing brackets again lol.

xxxx
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2014, 08:44 AM
Good Morning everyone,

Helena, I am so sorry for your plight, I hope after Thursday you will be more comfortable with it. It is going to be a right b'ggar getting your vans done and Zena's walks. I bet we are all wishing we lived nearer to help you out.

Lynn, that is lovely that you have such a nice friendship with your neighbours and I bet their little Phoebe loves her new dolls house.

Bev, bet you are tired after yesterday's long day. Try and have a rest up.

Pat, what are you going to do about Lizzie and her 200 offspring. Good job you don't mind lizards.

Didn't post yesterday because I seem to have picked up a virus. Right royal tummy upset, still not right today. Have a good day everyone and do take care Helena. God bless.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2014, 08:57 AM
First of all - EVERYTHING CROSSED for your son Lynn. The worst time - waiting to hear - arghhh. I detest these new fangled long winded interview procedures. They can only do this because there's too many people looking and not enough jobs to go round. When it was the other way round - you called for an interview, attended at a suitable time for both and were usually told there and then or later same day if you got the job. Now you have to invest WEEKS of your life and worry and all sorts before finding anything out.

I am so glad I don't have to deal with any of that rubbish being a remote worker and judged solely on what they can see for themselves I have done. The majority of people I have to interact with in my field would DROP DEAD WITH SHOCK if they knew they were dealing with a 65 year old lady (who probably looks like their nan). The Web is a young person's world. They don't consider any oldies might be better at it or been working in it longer than they have! Same goes for the very young who might excel in it - most just consider 20 somethings or max 30 somethings to be the only ones to think about for the job.

Lynn - if you have the stronger 10% Brufen GEL I find that works more quickly than the tabs do when the pain is in just one place - like behind the knee. I know that pain and it's horrible.

Helena blimey you read that book I sent you quickly - AMBIXTROUSNESS FOR IDIOTS.

Don't waste finger energy apologising for typos woman! Being left to cope with one good arm is OK for most people - but it's a bit different when you have a big strong dog in the equation! Gawd I hope she isn't getting under your feet now you are home. My guess is she will want you to PLAY with her all day and all night if you can't be getting out for your long walks. That dog does love playtime! She'll have no sympathy of course!

Get one of those long handled gun gas lighter thingies for the cooker and stand back! Next we'll be reading you've singed your eyebrows off!

Emmis - sympathy to you too for having to trawl round the intro to the company thingie. Hardest bit for me walking around with them would be trying to look as if I was remotely INTERESTED! If it was a sit down presentation hardest bit would be not falling asleep!

Might cheer some of you to know that it is absolutely PERSISTING DOWN with rain here! Much needed after the cloying suffocating humidity and heat of the past two days. I'm feeling like someone who won the pools as I no longer have that bluddy performance of getting the ginger menace out to pee in the rain. My front door is at least 3 car lengths under cover out there. I just strolled around the car spaces and she had a big wee in one of 'em! RESULT!

She has taken to peeing over the drain under the aircon units for the late night pee - but the rain comes down through that one.

I'm now sat outside with fingertips sticking to the keys coz of the damp atmosphere and she is back inside hiding from the scary rain! I am hoping half a carton of bio yog counts as 'eating' for the purposes of taking some brufen (joints don't like rain and can't face real food right now)

I have decided to do the job with the new website. But first I will fire off a long and hopefully jokey email to the forum invalid.

Back later. No walkies for me today!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2014, 09:15 AM
Morning everyone.

I have had to post a sad message in General Dog Chat from Rose about Loki. She is having to send her beautiful girl to the bridge today and is devastated.

Her Loki and mine are related and I am absolutely heartbroken for her. This is such a sad day.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Lovely to see you on here Helena, like Jenny says using a separate pillow for the injured arm works well. They will fix you up I'm sure. Have you found out who's cat it was who caused all this, because sue 'em The times I've almost had my arms ripped out of my sockets because of bloody cats leaping from nowhere, have been face down on the gravel with a dog on either arm dragging me after one of the things before now!!!!
So glad Zena is OK with her new walkers, I know you feel she's a turncoat, but its for the best at the moment, you are not even in a fit state to light the gas from the sounds of it
Lots of hugs from me and kisses from the girls
Emmis I too would have fallen asleep, I always sat on the back row of those things, and because I couldn't hear them from where I was, it all sort of muted into a sleep inducing drone.
Lynn, they had Mark up bright and early for his interview didn't they, just got to hope now for him that he gets it.
If he got on well with the interviewr(s) its a good start, so hope he gelled well with them. That ibupufren gel is great, got some extra strength stuff from the doc for my ribs that time, so got half a tube left if you want it.
Feeling human for the first time in days, I woke up feeling more myself, no idea who I've been, but they haven't wanted to do much. Sun was out but it seems to have disappeared at the moment, blue sky and fluffy clouds, looks hopeful, sounds like Gordon's got the rain. We did have it last night here.
Got youngest son on his way over for co-codemol, he's not slept for 3 nights because he has a pain in his back, quite worrying, he has an appointment at the doctors this afternoon so fingers crossed they'll sort it, although they never managed it with my ribs did they, maybe I ought to take him to the river and tell him to chuck himself in
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2014, 09:19 AM
I just heard from Rose and her vet is now coming on Thursday morning. He was going to come this morning but she broke down.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-05-2014, 09:20 AM
have posted on the thread, please give her my best love
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning everyone.

I have had to post a sad message in General Dog Chat from Rose about Loki. She is having to send her beautiful girl to the bridge today and is devastated.

Her Loki and mine are related and I am absolutely heartbroken for her. This is such a sad day.
I've just seen that. So very sad. I remember Brandykins posting those lovely photos on Loki's birthday this year. One of Loki as a pup (the sweetest thing ever) and a magnificent one of her now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Loki is one of the most stunning Utonagan I have ever seen, very sorry she and Rose live so far away, especially at the moment when she really does need someone there for her.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2014, 10:11 AM
poor, poor rose she will be in total bits. we will be with you with all our big hearts rose.xxxxx
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »