Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by LuvMyDog View Post
Wha....? Is this some kind of mental block. I'm almost sick of stating I'm not here to promote anything. Ok, a lot of you don't like prong collars, I accept that. I'm not going to sell to every dog owner, I accept that. You and everyone you know may never buy a prong collar, I accept that too.

What I don't accept is baseless criticism and double standards which generally follows with no reasoning at all, and no questioning of the status quo. For example:

"Prong collars are designed to cause pain"
No, they're not, they designed apply distributed pressure in a different means to a flat collar.

Then they have a bad design....as they disribute pressure to points - not a whole section.

"Prong collars cause pain"
So do head collars.

Ahh - so that makes it OK

"Prong collars dig into the neck"
Headcollars damage the neck and spine

right....that makes it Ok as well.

"Prong collars make dogs nervous and withdrawn"
Headcollars have the same result.

lol - you have obviously met every dog with a head collars on to make this statement?

"Headcollars only injur some dogs and it's usually the owners fault"
That's the same with prong collars.

I cannot agree with you there - sorry.

So far none of you have been willing to accept the exact same arguments that can be levelled against prong collars can be levelled against head collars. The prong is an easier target because it doesn't look as friendly as a head collar, but as a designed piece of equipment it can easily perform safely and efficiently, and is a valid alternative to equipment a dog simply isn't getting on with, in fact it'd be far kinder to switch over to a prong collar in some cases than to try and battle on with a headcollar.

I do not accept that head collars do as much damage as prong collars - sorry.

So how is that a view that's worthy of the bile being directed this way by potential hypocrites that aren't prepared to objectively investigate for themselves while hurting their dogs every day with the wrong equipment. By becoming familiar and sifting through some of the obvious nonsense stated against them, or actually handling one and seeing its effects on a dog it might stun some distractors by not actually being the neck ripping dog harming piece of torture equipment they first imagined. And for anyone to deny another owner that choice and continually laud up an unsuitable piece of equipment is both careless and cruel, it doesn't show me any love towards any animal in that situation.

BTW, want to take exception with any other equipment we sell?

regards,

Austin
Finally you admit that you are here to promote your merchandise.
mike_c
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-02-2011, 07:06 PM
1)
The dictionary definition of 'pinch' is to compress between the finger and thumb, the jaws of an instrument, or the like. Now you can see in the picture each prong acts as a singular, hence no compressing, hence no between anything, hence no pinch.
You have a point, as pinch collar is not appropriate, perhaps you should call yourself a pr*ck collar salesman?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by mike_c View Post
You have a point, as pinch collar is not appropriate, perhaps you should call yourself a pr*ck collar salesman?
I can see a couple of words you could miss out in that description, Mike.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Adam please note I am still waiting for a reply to my question regarding you submission of videos to 'a study'..

A Which study is this please...
B Do the videos include an example of you small JRT Jacca and other dogs wearing two e collars at once and the video made by your frequently quoted mentor showing a dog with an collars placed near to the area adjacent to its genitals .

If not why not, don't you think a study into the use of e collars should contain examples of just how some trainers use the collars?
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Know have been ignored in all of this thread(for most part n sorry if talk bull***t) but doesn't matter. Is pointless trying to repeat but would anyone like any form of pain inflicting upon them without being given a choice? (most here are in agreement is wrong). Think about it!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Adam please note I am still waiting for a reply to my question regarding you submission of videos to 'a study'..

A Which study is this please...
B Do the videos include an example of you small JRT Jacca and other dogs wearing two e collars at once and the video made by your frequently quoted mentor showing a dog with an collars placed near to the area adjacent to its genitals .

If not why not, don't you think a study into the use of e collars should contain examples of just how some trainers use the collars?
Can I also ask what kind of physiological tests are being done on the dogs throughout the training? (In the studies)
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Can I also ask what kind of physiological tests are being done on the dogs throughout the training? (In the studies)
Can I ask how many dogs are being looked at, how many controls (and by what methods they have been trained) and are the dogs being 'studied' with specific problems in mind or is it just for general training?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Know have been ignored in all of this thread(for most part n sorry if talk bull***t) but doesn't matter. Is pointless trying to repeat but would anyone like any form of pain inflicting upon them without being given a choice? (most here are in agreement is wrong). Think about it!
K9p I am pretty sure any 'normal' person wouldn't but when it comes to people who promote painful devices to train dogs we are not really talking about 'normal' are we, they seem to have no concept of pain so their answer may be yes.
Can't help but feel these people have strayed into the wrong kind of site and would be much more at home on a site for sadists, I am sure there must be some .
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Ah, ok, don't want to discuss it out in the open and would rather try and bury it here. Fine.

There was an episode of everyone's favorite, Cesar Millan, where the owner was desperately trying to keep her dog away from rattlesnakes. His solution was to use a shock collar and when the dog showed interest in a snake he applied a shock. The dog quickly associated the negative stimulus with the snake and wouldn't approach them. Nifty eh?

So, on further investigation is appears this method is very popular, in fact momentously more popular than anything an R+ trainer has come up with. It's evolved into it's own little industry in areas of the USA where poisonous snakes are prevelant. It's not failproof, it doesn't work 100%, and some dogs have very high prey drives, higher it seems than the collar can train out. However, consensus seems to be in agreement it has a very high success rate.

The only options offered by R+ trainers are:
Teach a good recall
Offer high value rewards for the dog staying away.

I don't see this having a very high success rate because if the owner isn't actually with the dog there's no-one to recall, and there's no-one to offer a high value bribe. Snakes don't mind slithering into gardens when the dog may not have a handler available, so the shock training would still have some significance in terms of results, i.e. the dog leaving the snake alone. The other alternative would be to always keep the dog indoors and never let out without the owner. Now I see that being particularly cruel in a country with that much space and with such good weather. It seems there is an instance where R+ can't compete on the same level as a shock collar.

And on that bombshell......let the slagging off commence.

regards,

Austin

I moved form the Uk to a part of the states that is snake heaven. I get snakes in my garden, and have managed to train both my dogs, who had never seen a snake before in their lives, to not bother a snake, they now keep a safe distance from any that slither into the garden, and recall immediately from them if we come across one unexpected.

Guess what didn't use a shock collar or any adverisve, used plastic rubber snakes first of all, and then progressed to real harmless ones when the dogs were recalling safely, and now both of them won't go near them.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
I moved form the Uk to a part of the states that is snake heaven. I get snakes in my garden, and have managed to train both my dogs, who had never seen a snake before in their lives, to not bother a snake, they now keep a safe distance from any that slither into the garden, and recall immediately from them if we come across one unexpected.

Guess what didn't use a shock collar or any adverisve, used plastic rubber snakes first of all, and then progressed to real harmless ones when the dogs were recalling safely, and now both of them won't go near them.
Well done!
Closed Thread
Page 195 of 206 « First < 95 145 185 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 205 > Last »