Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
So? These other alternatives may not hold much enjoyment to some
It does not matter whether the marksman enjoys his job or not, as long as the job is doen swiftly , thats what matters.

3what makes me laugh is how some of you rant on about letting nature take its course and you wouldnt pick up an injured wild animals to take it to be treated, yet you will help manage them? You please tell me how thats letting nature take its course - because I for one cant see how killing what YOU see as weak, and unable is letting nature take its course
Iwhere people post on one thread that nature should to take its own course, and then agree with managing wild animals is actually laughable..Need to make their minds up.. Either people intervene or they dont!..
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Let me try and explain. Nature should always be left to take it's course, but as Human nature dictates that we need to control eveything then what is left behind from such interference should be controlled to ensure balance is mainained. Should Deer numbers be controlled to prevent destruction of habitat? Absolutely. Should baby animals be rescued incase they've been abandoned? No. The very fact you don't understand this to me only reinforces the fact that just because you rescue wildlife doesn't necessarily mean you understand how British wildlife exists.
I was going to answer your post DD , but Rips has said everything I wouLD have , so no need to say it again.
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
You dont get my point about size? Erm try comparing the size of the Uk to the US and think just for a minute if a larger country can sustain more predators?
LOL we dont even have any large predators in this country and with such an abundance of the rabbits and rodents that everyone keeps talking about im pretty sure theres more than enough to feed the few small predator species we do have left! so your point makes no sense ....also in the US theres a fair few states who dont want large predators like wolves even tho these states are sparsley populated with humans and theres still vast wilderness left.....because they are greedy and ignorant!

Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
Have we switched threads, or did I miss something?

Noushka05, I think your comment about killing anything that moves really speaks for itself. The people I know involved with hunting and shooting respect the animals, or quarry, and don't want to just kill it all. Your perception seems to be that anyone involved with hunting and shooting just want to wipe any particular species out, which isn't accurate at all.
lmao and you always jump in to defend the hunter dosent matter if its about an endangered species or not

and im right about you being in favour of the proposed badger cull arnt i
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

02-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
LOL we dont even have any large predators in this country and with such an abundance of the rabbits and rodents that everyone keeps talking about im pretty sure theres more than enough to feed the few small predator species we do have left! so your point makes no sense ....also in the US theres a fair few states who dont want large predators like wolves even tho these states are sparsley populated with humans and theres still vast wilderness left.....because they are greedy and ignorant!

lmao and you always jump in to defend the hunter dosent matter if its about an endangered species or not

and im right about you being in favour of the proposed badger cull arnt i:mrgreen:
I am!!

I asked a question earlier , but seems no one wants to answer it.

Are you a vegetarian??
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I am!!

Are you a vegetarian??
I am not a vegetarian (I was for 12 years).

I eat meat that has been killed locally from our farmer and the local farm shop which displays the slaughter house number.

I do not equate killing badgers, deer, rabbits, foxes etc with killing for food.

I used to think that it was none of my business what the acy of killing did to the human involved---not my responsibility if they enjoyed it. To an extent I still do think this. There is karma in this life and in future lives and it will rebound on them. However if we lose compassion and caring for animals it is a small step to losing it for humans in certain situations.

The tea party in the US is huge in the hunting areas where life generally is cheaper. The stuff some of them spout is REALLY frightening. It is a knock on from lack of respect for life generally.

rune
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Let me try and explain. Nature should always be left to take it's course, but as Human nature dictates that we need to control eveything then what is left behind from such interference should be controlled to ensure balance is mainained. Should Deer numbers be controlled to prevent destruction of habitat? Absolutely. Should baby animals be rescued incase they've been abandoned? No. The very fact you don't understand this to me only reinforces the fact that just because you rescue wildlife doesn't necessarily mean you understand how British wildlife exists.
how patronising just because DD has compassion and feels empathy for all animals, unlike some, dosent mean she dosent understand wildlife at all! ..the wildlife rescue where DD assists understand all about conservation and the environment!

of course deer need to be controlled in some areas , but if an animal has been injured or abandoned it takes a pretty heartless person to turn a blind eye to its suffering ..
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2010, 10:29 AM
I am!!

Are you a vegetarian??
yes i am why???
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

02-11-2010, 11:17 AM
yes i am why???
Just to see if your convictions ran deeper than a soap box attitude to killing animals.

Its funny how so many shout about allowing all animals to live , yet are quiet happy to eat meat, and dairy produce
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

02-11-2010, 11:19 AM
how patronising just because DD has compassion and feels empathy for all animals, unlike some, dosent mean she dosent understand wildlife at all! ..the wildlife rescue where DD assists understand all about conservation and the environment!

of course deer need to be controlled in some areas , but if an animal has been injured or abandoned it takes a pretty heartless person to turn a blind eye to its suffering ..
Now who's beign patronising and judgmental..

You have a very warped sense of what others feel about land management and the country side

Because one is for control of species, they MUST be heartless and have no love for wildlife
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

02-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I am not a vegetarian (I was for 12 years).

I eat meat that has been killed locally from our farmer and the local farm shop which displays the slaughter house number.

I do not equate killing badgers, deer, rabbits, foxes etc with killing for food.

I used to think that it was none of my business what the acy of killing did to the human involved---not my responsibility if they enjoyed it. To an extent I still do think this. There is karma in this life and in future lives and it will rebound on them. However if we lose compassion and caring for animals it is a small step to losing it for humans in certain situations.
The tea party in the US is huge in the hunting areas where life generally is cheaper. The stuff some of them spout is REALLY frightening. It is a knock on from lack of respect for life generally.

rune
Why do you assume others lack compassion, because they dont agree with you.

I see you pick and chose which animals are OK to be killed and which are not,

If its for your dinner table its OK, if its land management or pest control, its not!!
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Now who's beign patronising and judgmental..

You have a very warped sense of what others feel about land management and the country side

Because one is for control of species, they MUST be heartless and have no love for wildlife

think youve mis-read my post! so i'll quote the relevant part ....of course deer need to be controlled in some areas , but if an animal has been injured or abandoned it takes a pretty heartless person to turn a blind eye to its suffering ..
...but anyway i find it hard to believe that people who class some of our key wildlife species as 'vermin' can be big wildlife lovers.. to pick and choose which species to love really is poor conservation.....someone on here even classes badgers as vermin

and by the way i dont think being a vegetarian or not has any relevance on how people feel about wildlife...i have meat eating friends and family who are just as sickened as i am about trophy hunting!
Page 19 of 51 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 > Last »