Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
timjim
New Member!
Male 

15-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by sky_high_bluest View Post
no what he meens, I think, is there are certain breeders out there who breed for ultra aggression! these idiots have no regard for other facets of the dogs temperament!
yes thank you for explaining, what i mean,
bad boy owners who encourage aggression towards humans and breed from dogs that are, they are the reason there is a dda
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-04-2007, 10:38 AM
But weren't 'alternative' strains bred to be 'Game' bred as you put it? Game bred can be interpreted into many different things I have an AB I would describe as 'Game' but I have raised her around children infact she was reared with my daughter from a baby - and I have wonderful photo's of them together - just because a dog is 'Game' bred as you put it does not mean in anyway shape or form that they are human aggressive or going to turn out to be human aggressive.

Does this look like an aggressive dog to you that would be capable of an attack on a child?

sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
But weren't 'alternative' strains bred to be 'Game' bred as you put it? Game bred can be interpreted into many different things I have an AB I would describe as 'Game' but I have raised her around children infact she was reared with my daughter from a baby - and I have wonderful photo's of them together - just because a dog is 'Game' bred as you put it does not mean in anyway shape or form that they are human aggressive or going to turn out to be human aggressive.

Does this look like an aggressive dog to you that would be capable of an attack on a child?

no that looks like a wonderful family pet! but it was prob' bred with great care and skill! the dogs that timjim is on about are bred with no care at all just one thought in mind!
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-04-2007, 10:45 AM
great pic by the way!
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-04-2007, 10:52 AM
She's probably one of the most badly bred AB's I know, I'm the first to admit it.
Believe me when I say her breeder was only bothered about the money in his pocket not the dogs or pups involved in her breeding her Dam's temperament was awful so was her Sire's - I'm first to admit we've had many problems with her over the years and her temperament has never been what I would call 'up to scratch' but never and not once has she shown any aggression towards children - that is her one and only saving grace and the reason she wasn't put to sleep years ago if I am completely honest
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-04-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
She's probably one of the most badly bred AB's I know, I'm the first to admit it.
Believe me when I say her breeder was only bothered about the money in his pocket not the dogs or pups involved in her breeding her Dam's temperament was awful so was her Sire's - I'm first to admit we've had many problems with her over the years and her temperament has never been what I would call 'up to scratch' but never and not once has she shown any aggression towards children - that is her one and only saving grace and the reason she wasn't put to sleep years ago if I am completely honest
okay! sorry
timjim
New Member!
Male 

15-04-2007, 11:29 AM
game bred to me and you mean different things then nicci

i dont want to go into it too far but im talking about brother/sister matings etc

i dont claim to be an expert but i have read alot of books on dogfighting as i am interested in the history of it

this is the last i am goin to say on this thread as you seem to pick fault at anything i say,
to me my dog is the best dog in the whole world and nothing you or anyone can say will change that even thoughhe is nothing like kc standard

lovely pic by the way
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by timjim View Post
game bred to me and you mean different things then nicci

i dont want to go into it too far but im talking about brother/sister matings etc

i dont claim to be an expert but i have read alot of books on dogfighting as i am interested in the history of it

this is the last i am goin to say on this thread as you seem to pick fault at anything i say,
to me my dog is the best dog in the whole world and nothing you or anyone can say will change that even thoughhe is nothing like kc standard

lovely pic by the way
I'm not picking faults with everything you say believe me, I'm sure everyone would agree that 'Game Bred' can mean and be interpreted into so many different things, even KC Staffords can and have been described as 'Game'
Being 'Game Bred' don't always mean that a dog will always be ready to fight and it certainly does not mean they will turn on a person or people.
SBTlover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-04-2007, 12:01 PM
yeah great pic but funnily enough i could show you pages of pics similar to that but with old standard staffs and pits! but of course those could turn on us at any time unlike yours which is obviously perfect.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Alot has been mentioned about Game bred Staffords going back to the Original Standard.
We have no way of finding out today if these Staffords are Game,Fighting is outlawed an rightly so,so therefore we can't test out this theory,(which i wouldn't want anyway)

I prefer dogs bred to the standard today,not necessarily with loads of red writing behind,all i was looking for was a well bred pup,this doesn't mean it has loads of CH behind it,as far as i'm concerned for every CH in the ring there are 10 in pet homes that are simply not interested in that side of things.
I want my dogs to resemble the breed they are supposed to be.
Page 19 of 27 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »