Our sister sites
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by gizooty View Post
Can you stop being so rude...
why is it a SHAME??? or DISGRACEFUL??
honestly,, what give you the right to say that??

i only got one of mine from a pup, and i started shaving him at 12weeks i think.. it took us, 5mins. he wasnt upset, he just sat there, getting all the treats and getting told he was a good boy.. he now ENJOYS getting groomed..
so Please do have your Opinions but dont be so bloody rude.
Well - you may think I am rude, but I do not swear at people on this site as you have done (that is rude). What I believe is that it is a shame to shave a very young pup of 6 weeks - it is in no way anything that would naturally need doing for a pup (which at the end of the day would most likely still be with its mother). I am sure if you asked the animal welfare organisations for an opinion about shaving a 6 week old pup they would say something similar.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Ally is there any reason you need to keep trolling threads, i notice you only comment or start threads that are carrying strong debate where alot of members have strong feelins towards the subject being discussed!
Also no one has been disrespectful to your opinion they have challanged it but thats totally different...you find me one post where people have called you cruel, or called you bad owners..or anything personal like that, because you have been personal to alot of members on here and yet still have the cheek to comment on threads making out your the victim..if you really think your a victim from us all then why you still commenting, maybe do us all a favour and leave the threads of accept others dont and wont ever agree with your harsh views .. you are commenting about something you know nothing about on this thread and it shows in your posts, instead you resort to bad mouthing and name calling..... ....
Plus how you find time to be on the internet so much when your poodle cross labs are walked 4 times a day i shall never know!

lets not see another thread closed ay?
gizooty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
Oops that will set them on you now! You and I are so rude yet the others can make comments we consider rude yet they are right and we are wrong... I give up with them because whatever I say it is wrong so please be careful...we who diagree with "them" are not allowed to give our opinion because we have to respect peoples views - they don't though...... how sad and narrowminded.
OH PLEASE.. im new here. i have no issue with you or anyone.. i dont know people on here... PLEASE do show whare I have been Rude??
she was rude for saying is a shame, and disgraceful.
so.. would you stop Bitching..or what ever you are calling it, you seem to just be digging at certain few, and NOT really putting in anything valuble..
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by gizooty View Post
OH PLEASE.. im new here. i have no issue with you or anyone.. i dont know people on here... PLEASE do show whare I have been Rude??
she was rude for saying is a shame, and disgraceful.
so.. would you stop Bitching..or what ever you are calling it, you seem to just be digging at certain few, and NOT really putting in anything valuble..
thats because she knows nothing about the breed in question, and instead of trying to find out, she insults everyone...
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
Well - you may think I am rude, but I do not swear at people on this site as you have done (that is rude). What I believe is that it is a shame to shave a very young pup of 6 weeks - it is in no way anything that would naturally need doing for a pup (which at the end of the day would most likely still be with its mother). I am sure if you asked the animal welfare organisations for an opinion about shaving a 6 week old pup they would say something similar.

I am sure they would not, as no cruelty is evident , the dog is shaved, you may disagree or nto like it, but cruelty , nope, what woudl be cruel is to not get a pup used to ANY form of grooming it is going to receive during its life.

you get a very young pup used to having its teeth looked at , feet picked up, toenails clipped, all done as young as possible to reduce stress in later life.

Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Well I've still not seen one, so I don't have that opionion , I only know a few people who have their dogs dew claws removed, the ones that don't have never had a problem, but I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, peole just keep a eye on them, and trim them when neccassary, just like the other nails, and they're fine with them, and personnaly I'd rather just keep a eye on them, keep the nails in shape rather then taking away something that appears naturally on dogs, and helps them in day to day, as what dog doesn't run as fast as it can when it gets the chance, and also I'd say that little dogs need them more as they have more energy then larger dogs most the time, and mine are not overly active either, they are normal for their type, and love to run, but would happily sit at home, or stay near you at a walking pace on the walks.
Would they be breeders Chaz...

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Does the picture of the "hairless" puppy look shaved to you?
Yes, it does
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I am sure they would not, as no cruelty is evident , the dog is shaved, you may disagree or nto like it, but cruelty , nope, what woudl be cruel is to not get a pup used to ANY form of grooming it is going to receive during its life.

you get a very young pup used to having its teeth looked at , feet picked up, toenails clipped, all done as young as possible to reduce stress in later life.

Would they be breeders Chaz...

Yes, it does

i had to bath a shi tzu puppy that was 4 and half months old the other day at college. it had never been bathed, never been combed, its back end was matted and it squealed everytime the comb went through its coat,bit me repeatedly, barked and yapped at everything because it wasnt used to having it done. to me thats cruel.

i can assure you that the hairless pup isnt shaved, shes a bit hairy, i have a pic of the other one somewhere (3 in the litter, daph was the only PP) will see if i can find it.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-04-2010, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=x-clo-x;1934243]i had to bath a shi tzu puppy that was 4 and half months old the other day at college. it had never been bathed, never been combed, its back end was matted and it squealed everytime the comb went through its coat,bit me repeatedly, barked and yapped at everything because it wasnt used to having it done. to me thats cruel.

i can assure you that the hairless pup isnt shaved, shes a bit hairy, i have a pic of the other one somewhere (3 in the litter, daph was the only PP) will see if i can find it.[/QUOTE]

I will take your word on it, but to be honest , before Dawn mentioned it, I thought she was a shaved PP, the giveaway to me it the neat line on her legs where the clippers have been, her furnishings are to neat.

You know as well as I do, that some PP are shaved to make them hairless..and the pup looks like a PP to me..sorry, but you cant get such neat lines naturally... I used to clip horses and know the signs of a clipped leg.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
thats because she knows nothing about the breed in question, and instead of trying to find out, she insults everyone...
What I am saying and what I believe is that NO pup of 6 weeks should have its face shaved to make it hairless. It has nothing to do with knowledge of a breed - I would say this about any pup, cross-bred, pedigree, whatever. Also, as I have said before, grooming is necessary and is essential for long haired breeds. To go to the other extreme and not groom so that a dog has a problem with hygiene, matting etc. is not what I am advocating. A pup of 6/7 weeks can only have a puppy coat and facial hair cannot be a problem for it. The adult coat has yet to come through. Also the skin of a pup is sensitive and I can only think shaving down to its skin must be detrimental (again whatever the breed or crossbreed). So is the shaving of a very young puppies face must be being done for cosmetic reasons and the future regime for the dog. I am not trying to be rude Clo-X. I think shaving dogs to make them hairless when they actually have hair (even if it is very sparse and downy) quite an odd thing to do and it must be related to the perception of what is beautiful in a dog. It may be the shaving down to the skin gives the dog problems it may not have if it was not shaved.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Why are you shocked that her dogs only get an hr`s exercise a day

There CC not Labradors or Standard Poodle or a mix of both.
was wondering that myself

My dogs sometimes get less than an hour, sometimes more than an hour. They aren't high energy dogs, they don't need more than that. Today they had 20 minutes before work and an hour after work, running and swimming. That is more than sufficient for their breed and they are now flat out on the sofa. What a bad cruel owner I am!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
i had to bath a shi tzu puppy that was 4 and half months old the other day at college. it had never been bathed, never been combed, its back end was matted and it squealed everytime the comb went through its coat,bit me repeatedly, barked and yapped at everything because it wasnt used to having it done. to me thats cruel.

i can assure you that the hairless pup isnt shaved, shes a bit hairy, i have a pic of the other one somewhere (3 in the litter, daph was the only PP) will see if i can find it.
She certainly looks like she is, those lined above her "wrists" are extremely straight, and you can see the skin is the same as the shaved faces on both pups. All the naturally hairless pups Ive seen have very different skin to that on that pup.
Closed Thread
Page 19 of 31 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 > Last »