View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Thanx guys xx Tai still not got rid of the plastic, but essentially he is back to normal. Wish I could be able to say the same for Dad and my big bro, but I am driving up after work tonight to Nottingham to both hospitals to visit them one by one ... neither knows that the other is also hospitalised, so I am going to have to be very careful what I say to both!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Oh Nikki - just what you do not need - both your father and your brother ill in different hospitals and you having to visit them both and watching what you say all the time.

Good news about Tai though just a thought - is it possible that the plastic is bio-degradable and could have degraded somewhere in his GI tract? That could explain the non-reappearance of it in his poos.

(((hugs))) because I reckon you really do need them. xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Thats a thought Malka, maybe it is biodegradeable because it would end up cluttering up everywhere and I never see the casings lying about anywhere at all.
Nikki, I feel for you I really do, you must be totally and utterly shattered and so happy to climb into bed at night!!

xxxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Glad he's still okay. Maybe he didn't eat it after all?

Drive carefully tonight Nikki - the weather isn't great.
xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2013, 01:50 PM
More ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) heading your way Nikki, talk about things going in 3's as they always tend to do. I hope you have a good visit to your dad and brother later on, weather permitting of course, and let's hope Tai either didn't swallow the packet, it might have blown away in all that wind the other week, or, it's disintegrated in the gut and you won't be seeing it coming out in big bits.xxxx
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2013, 02:47 PM
It is a mystery - I hadn't thought about being biodegradable. That is a very good point Malka - if it is, it will eventually break down of course. I think the time has come that we might get onto the manufacturers and find out exactly what type of plastic it is and whether as it biodegrades if it gives off any toxic fumes.

There is little doubt he ate the plastic, as there were such bad lacerations and ulcers in his stomach and oesophagus that could only have been caused by something sharp, the fat would not have done that.

Frankly, and this sounds terribly harsh, but I sat him down last night and told him that I loved him very much but at the moment he is going to have to take a back seat because his Uncle and Grandpa are very poorly in hospital, whereas his injuries are self-inflicted through his greed!! I hope he understood - he gave me an intelligent look, so I think he did!

Thanx everyone - please forgive me if i don't post on here again for a day or two xx gnasher xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Pleased to read Tai seems to be well and long may it last.
Good point about the plastic being biodegradable.

Sorry to hear of your dad's and brothers problems.
Drive safely.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Daily report guys!! Still no sign of plastic - don't think it is biodegradable - OH says he checked the packaging off another block of this stuff and it just had the recyclable symbol on it. If plastic is biodegradable it does state it is so, but we have taken the executive decision that we are not going to incur any more vet expenses, clearly the plastic is stuck somewhere, or else working its way through very very slowly. Unless and until it causes problems, we will just monitor him carefully. The only thing really that can go wrong is that the plastic pierces his gut, in which case he will develop septocaemia and we will be watching out for this and will know and can then take him to the vet.

Hope this doesn't sound too callous, but with my father and my brother to worry about, I am afraid his self-inflicted problem has had to take a back place - this is not to say I will let him suffer, he is still my Best Boy, but I am needed elsewhere at the moment!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Thanks for letting us know Nikki, especially when you have so much on your plate.

At least Tai seems pretty settled in himself and doing his toilet etc. so you can concentrate on your dad and brother. I hope you get some good news on that front soon.
x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Hope your father and brother are making good progress and you are bearing up, being the one carrying it all on your shoulders. Big hugs to Tai and I hope that this plastic does appear sooner rather than later.

xxxxx
Page 19 of 27 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »