Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
Thanks Mini I need some time to really study the thread so's I dont just repeat what anyone else has said

I suppose I'd like to know a lot more about how the dogs were kept who have shown aggressive tendencies, as i mentioned to Dawn I think a fair bit at least of the really serious problems must be attributed to the dogs having a terrible life or at least kept without the care they need, not just as pit bulls but as dogs.

I was thinking about my beloved Belgians and wondering how I'd feel if the "baddies" decided to use them as fighting dogs and subject them to drugs, kept them in cellars or dark kennels as pit bulls owned by dubious folk often are, only taken out to be paraded and fought or given stress, and I'd have to say I'd rather the breed disappeared than suffered.

Although another breed might then take that place. So much to think about, and I'm not sure I'm saying anything of value or that I'm answering the original question!!

Wys
x
..I know many here feel the same but when they try to discuss it they are frequently condemned for being anti this or anti that by those who think they have the monopoly on caring

It is really good to see diverse views expressed here, maybe one day those who speak with thought and measured voices will be the ones to change things
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by pod View Post
SBT, I'm not disputing that the breed has also seved as a companion in some instances but the fact remains that it has been developed as a fighting dog, the reason for it's existence....hence the name PIT.

Could I ask SBT that you please follow the rules of Dogsey by using quotes and referencing when you use text lifted from webpages. Thanks
Ok good we agree the Pitbull is not only in existence because of the sport of dog fighting

pod Why are you asking me to follow the rules of Dogsey by using quotes and referencing when I use text lifted from webpages, are you just trying to arouse animosity, if you are then you are breaking Dogsey rules yourself,
thank you.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
..I know many here feel the same but when they try to discuss it they are frequently condemned for being anti this or anti that by those who think they have the monopoly on caring

It is really good to see diverse views expressed here, maybe one day those who speak with thought and measured voices will be the ones to change things
Trouble is Mini, I can very often see both sides and end up sitting firmly on the fence

It rankles that any breed would suffer because of man's inhumanity and stupidity.

A friend had a pitbull and she said she was wonderful

Wys
x
kristian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-03-2007, 07:29 PM
excellent post patch! and miniaha take a break you sound like a bully
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by kristian View Post
and miniaha take a break you sound like a bully
Lovely

I don't see people getting bullied, some of us can see the bigger picture, I as Bull breed owner see the bigger picture. Defending the Pit Bull as lovely as they are, is fighting a loosing battle all people are doing in defending the Pit Bull is bringing unwanted attention to their own chosen breeds, bringing questions brought to them as to why they own the dog breeds they own because Pit Bulls are not legal and so forth - push hard enough, that day will come and pretty soon by the looks of things.
As I said in a previous post, defend your legal chosen breed because the harder people push for all this mess to disapear more breeds will get thrust into the spotlight and gain attention they really do not need.
I fear for people and the mess they seem to be creating for their own dogs.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Nicci Pitbulls need very exp owners, but id say that for all bull breeds due to their strong will and instincts, but whats the point in saying that the Pit Bull is more dangerous than the other and they should remain on the DDA, I have other posts Nicci on my forum where you do not saying anything of the sort and this is why im shocked because we debated/chatted about this many times and it seems your views have suddenly changed.

Yes if the Pitbull was taken off the DDA then it could cause more damage to the breed as even more idiots will get hold of them , BUT for the DDA to remain in place is not good because it only tackles the dogs not the owners.

I think every body should go through a test and to have spot checks and be given a pitbull with breeding restrictions.
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-03-2007, 08:23 PM
The very fact Pit Bulls are band makes them more appealing to the wrong owner type.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT View Post
Nicci Pitbulls need very exp owners, but id say that for all bull breeds due to their strong will and instincts, but whats the point in saying that the Pit Bull is more dangerous than the other and they should remain on the DDA
I've never once stated that I feel they are dangerous, you've never really directly asked me my feelings concerning the DDA my only concern is that perfectly legal breeds stay off it. I feel they should stay on the DDA for protection of the breed, I have always felt this way.

I have other posts Nicci on my forum where you do not saying anything of the sort and this is why im shocked because we debated/chatted about this many times and it seems your views have suddenly changed.
I disagree with they way the DDA was brought into existence, my views concerning the Pit Bull have never changed as I said in a previous post, these dogs are a victim of their own success I have no desire to see them suffer unnecessarily if the ban were ever to be lifted.

Yes if the Pitbull was taken off the DDA then it could cause more damage to the breed as even more idiots will get hold of them , BUT for the DDA to remain in place is not good because it only tackles the dogs not the owners.
Sorry Hayley I think the Pit Bull being on DDA the list should stay firmly in place for the protection of the breed itself and for those breeds that are legal to remain so.

I think every body should go through a test and to have spot checks and be given a pitbull with breeding restrictions.
That would never work, there's always a couple of morons that would slip through the net.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 08:33 PM
The DDA is not the answer, they need to tackle the owners and not ban any breeds, but something needs to be done to protect the dogs from bad owners who damage these dogs. Tests and schemes could be done, it just takes effort, understanding and knowledge.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by SBT View Post
The very fact Pit Bulls are band makes them more appealing to the wrong owner type.
SBT this is very true and also people saying they are more dangerous than other breeds also makes fools think these dogs are and get them for reasons no dogs should be owned for.

I think this is worth a read
http://politicaldishonesty.com/blog/...bull-terriers/
Page 19 of 132 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 69 119 > Last »