Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
What we need
Good non-breed specific dangerous dog laws
♦ Canine safety educational programs in the schools
♦ Responsible canine ownership classes offered to all pet owners
♦ Free or low cost spay/neuter programs. The overwhelming majority of fatal attacks involve intact male
dogs. There is also a huge pet overpopulation problem plaguing the uk.
Animal control officers
♦ training for Animal Control officers
♦ funding for Animal Control so they have the staffing to follow up on complaints

Mo
Some excellent suggestions there and although there will be people who will have the view that if someone wants an illegal "breed" or a "status dog" they would not follow the additional ownership criteria I think if it came as a package which was as you say well financed then any reports could be followed up and if all the above saved one life human or canine then its gotto be a good thing
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Philip Schofield - "So if you were to breed 2 viscious Staffordshire Bull Terriers would you end up with a pit bull?"

Prof Peter Neville (Animal Behaviour Expert) - "It's hard to say because you have to look at where the origins and agression comes from."

Surely the answer is "No. You'd end up with Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppies."
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 10:49 AM
This 'Animal Behaviour Expert' has just said Staffys tend to lock their jaw when they attack
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Philip Schofield - "So if you were to breed 2 viscious Staffordshire Bull Terriers would you end up with a pit bull?"

Prof Peter Neville (Animal Behaviour Expert) - "It's hard to say because you have to look at where the origins and agression comes from."

Surely the answer is "No. You'd end up with Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppies."
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
This 'Animal Behaviour Expert' has just said Staffys tend to lock their jaw when they attack
You have just beaten me too, it, was about to post.

Why oh why cant they get people who know what they are talking about...

The comment about the two vicious staffers was mind boggling

The little boy who was on that was attacked, missed the beginning, was it two staffies or pits that attacked him??

The mothers resonse....she is asking for anyone who owns Staffies and have children to get rid of then, now before they turn!!!!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Just watched interview on this morning, utterly ludicrous "if you breed 2 aggressive staffies together will you get a pit bull" what an excellent suggestion for all the numbskulls out there!!!!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

The little boy who was on that was attacked, missed the beginning, wa sit two staffies or pits that attacked him??

The mothers resonse....she is asking for anyone who owns Staffies and have children to get rid of then, now before they turn!!!!
I love the fact that we've all pounced on that quote lol!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
I love the fact that we've all pounced on that quote lol!
I think a few e.mails to the show are in order
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 10:59 AM

The little boy who was on that was attacked, missed the beginning, was it two staffies or pits that attacked him??

Why can't they get someone who actually knows what they are talking about? Ryan O'Meara or Roger Mugford perhaps? Locking jaws???? How many poor Stafies will be dumped now?

So sad.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 11:00 AM

Apparently it was two staffies that were the wee lads uncles dogs and apparently they were fine with him, they had been known to lick his face etc before

And yes anyone with "these dogs" should get rid ofthem if they have kids

Another influx for these rescues.

And all this in the same interview where staff bitch plus staff dog = pitbull

Think I will email This morning as I am FED UP of all this negativity about staffys and other bull breeds
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 11:02 AM
http://www.itv.com/lifestyle/thismor...ore/dogattack/

theres the link to the This morning story they can't spell terriers right and they do an article about dangerous staffys and have a picture of a Rotti, that coupled with the ridiculous statements on the actual interview...is it any wonder the general public get hysterical about breeds
Page 19 of 53 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 > Last »