Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Skooshbag PM sent
HannahCB
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2009, 09:14 PM
I just found one on the woodside rspca kennels he's two and looks loverly, Thats the only i could find sadly x
molwboro
New Member!
Male 

20-04-2009, 05:49 PM
The RSPCA havent been forthcoming about where these dogs are being kept.. if you see any that are being advertised at respective animal centres I would suggest that you call them before your departure.. I've been unfortunate in travelling to 2 centres just to be told that all are on reserve lists.. ... Those visited were Wimblington, and Leicester.

Fortunately "Bridget" from the Blackberry Farm Animal Rescue Centre near Aylesbury was very helpful... I've already been there... and my family, along with my St. Bernard (Henry) has already been introduced to Charles... hopefully he'll be coming to his new home very soon !!!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Good news molwboro.
Good luck with your new addition, we will expect loads of pictures
molwboro
New Member!
Male 

28-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Charles --- renamed to George ... wha heyy !!!!!!!!!!! He came home on 26/04 !!!
gemma riley
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-04-2009, 01:36 PM
There was a phone number in last weeks Dogs World that people could call if they were interested..
I will try and dig it out for you

Gemma
x
gemma riley
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Found it

The RSPCA is appealing to people living in the east of the UK who can offer a home to one or more of 100 St Bernards.
The dogs are aged betweek two and eight years and are being rehomed in small groups through several RSPCA Centres.
Priority will be given to potential owners who live nearest to the centre the dog is in.
Effectively this means that priority will be given to people living in Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire and Nottinghamshire.
However, enquiries from other areas will be taken.
"These dogs need special care and patience" said a spokesman for the charity.
"They all have good temperaments but their kennel background means they will need owners with the knowledge and time to help them settle into their new homes"
for more information phone 0300 123 8000
Good job I kept that as it pictures my little girly at the back

Gemma
x
feistyblue
New Member!
Female 

28-04-2009, 03:42 PM
There were two of them at Blackberry Farm last week, but I didn't see either of them today when we went to visit Dodger and Megan. One of them must have been Charles, they were both lovely friendly dogs!
rowly
New Member!
Female 

28-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Why can't they name her when they have already said it's her they're looking for?

Who's the bloke?

Sorry - I still don't believe it's as straight forward as that. It just doesn't make sense.

And whilst I abhor animal cruelty of any kind and I am very concerned about the evidence coming to light over these poor, poor dogs - I still don't believe it's that straight forward.

The woman had a good reputation, she loved her dogs, having spoken to people with experience with her they believe she loved her dogs. I don't agree with having that many dogs but she's not the only one and I know of large kennels with way more dogs than I agree with but they're not puppy farms, the dogs are bred for health, conformation and temperament and get plenty of attention from staff and live together with plenty of fulfillment.

I'm not defending what she's done, I'm defending her for now... we don't know what's happened, okay, so she may not have collapsed or been into hospital but there are health problems that present themselves differently, ie. mental illness etc. and I don't believe that a woman who's devoted her whole life to breeding, rearing and showing dogs, qualifying as a VN and running a boarding kennels, would suddenly abandon them unless there was something seriously wrong.

I know the dogs are the innocent party here, they've suffered and they don't deserve to have, but I find it appalling that people can just write off other people as evil or worthless without knowing the facts.

I mean ok, people have damaged this world and cause cruelty to animals every day - it's easy to lose faith in them, but what happened to having compassion for ALL beings??

If it were a dog that had bitten, I bet some of the people who have already condemned this woman would be saying 'ah but WHY did the dog bite?'

The bloke is [name removed] Boyfriend. His name is [name removed], who got involved with her a year before. A scottish man who made people believe he was a dog lover and that he part owned it. That was his car in the drive way on the news clip. (The blue mondeo [registration removed]).
rowly
New Member!
Female 

28-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Do we know that she did though??? It said the 15yr. old was supposed to be in charge, but it didn't seem like anybody was does it?? Maybe she's gone with her, unless somebody has actually seen her (the daughter) around??? Do we know if she is?

I think there might be a lot of people who might not want to take their 15 yr. old daughter with them if they behave like this with animals, dontcha think???!!!
And she doesnt have a 15 yr old daughter either -
Page 18 of 20 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 >