Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
I have explained the reference which was made to `little` shows, please don`t deliberately latch onto what you completely misunderstood to use it as a sniping tool

In fact, if your one experience was so dreadful and you are so anti-just-about-everything to do with fun shows, I can`t quite understand why you are even bothering to comment as I`m assuming you won`t be bothering to go to any more if the first and only one you have attended was so distasteful to you :smt102
Hmm, it's obvious to me from Marionette's posts that she and her dogs had a good time, not once has she said the show was 'dreadful'.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
It was obvious to me the the 'real showers' who entered the show Saturday, and didn't win anything, did not have fun. They had a look of disbelief on their faces, shaking the heads and shrugging their shoulders, which amused us! It seems they were the ones taking it far too seriously, imo.
You must be a mind reader, how do you know they werent just consentrating on the next class. A few other on this forum were thre as well and they dont seem to have witnessed a problem,
And if they were diappointed they didnt win they pay there money and take there chance like everyone else.
Surely the fact "show" people didnt win only proves our point that companion shows are for everyone,
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 09:39 PM
The show on Saturday was fun, more so the Novelty classes and agility.

Actually, the agility was my favourite.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
You must be a mind reader, how do you know they werent just consentrating on the next class. A few other on this forum were thre as well and they dont seem to have witnessed a problem,
And if they were diappointed they didnt win they pay there money and take there chance like everyone else.
Surely the fact "show" people didnt win only proves our point that companion shows are for everyone,
Nah, i'm not a mind reader....I have eyes and ears and seen their reactions for myself! Which i'm sure others must have too, as it was fairly obvious.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Hmm, it's obvious to me from Marionette's posts that she and her dogs had a good time, not once has she said the show was 'dreadful'.

Just the impression I`m getting that she did`nt find it a pleasurable experience going by the many barbed comments :smt102
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 09:46 PM
It was obvious to me the the 'real showers' who entered the show Saturday, and didn't win anything, did not have fun. They had a look of disbelief on their faces, shaking the heads and shrugging their shoulders, which amused us! It seems they were the ones taking it far too seriously, imo.
If they [ in your opinion ] did not have a good time, with respect, why is that anyones business but their own :smt102
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Anybody know of a Companion Show in the Northumberland area this weekend. I've got 7 showdogs that need a little extra fun.

Dawn R.

Oh I'm so gonna get my wrists slapped off Azz.
Clipper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Westie N, can I ask .... did we attend the same show??? I didn't see any of the "real showers" acting like that, and I took part 6 different classes, pedigree, novelty and had Fernie in for Nursery Ob. I did see plenty of folk having fun, dogs wagging their tails and heard loads of laughter. Most real showers don't take these results overly seriously. It is after all, a fun day out, nothing more. I agree that there is a very small group of folk that will gripe, but hey, that's the way of the world.
I was pleased that both judges liked my lads enough to give them places but that was just the icing on the cake, the real winner on the day was the charity being supported.
I'm glad that you gained some amusement for the people that attended, I could have laughed at those novice showers in the pedigree rings, instead I tried to offer some advice and help. I found this to be rather more enjoyable than posting about them in a forum.
Clipper & the furry gang
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Nursey View Post
Anybody know of a Companion Show in the Northumberland area this weekend. I've got 7 showdogs that need a little extra fun.

Dawn R.

Keep an eye on the Companion Show`ers date threads for any forthcoming shows in case some come up in your area, and if you go to any shows don`t forget to take lots of piccies to share with us
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by Nursey View Post

Dawn R.

Naughty, naughty
Closed Thread
Page 18 of 27 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »