Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Perhaps, rather than being pathetic losers, those that disagree with you on numerous occasions simply find that your morals in regards to dog ownership leave a lot to be desired rather than some baseless vendetta against you? I am certainly not guilty of following you around bashing your every post but there have been multiply threads that you've posted opinions that I disagree with. No personal grudge, I just feel that your attitude towards your responsibility as Ben's owner is quite lacking.
No change there then!

Good post---as one old crone to another

rune
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
No change there then!

Good post---as one old crone to another

rune

Didn't think it would take the Chief Crone long to come on!!! I loves ya really
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 12:17 PM
In that case I have failed!

rune
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Well, I've just read all the way through this thread and my eyes are hurtey

It's hard to comment on for all sorts of reasons but I think one of the main problems might be that we forget the chemical actions in the body when this sort of thing happens.

I had problems with my neighbours when I was in my ground floor garden flat - various problems including boundary dispute (with a neighbour I'd previously got on with) and a dispute over noise (upstairs blokey took his carpet up and I could hear everything, so I had to get my solicitor to make him put it back, as he ignored my friendly requests).

Bottom line isthat my little home turned into such a horrible place andevery time I drove up the road, I had all this adrenalin and stress in my system.

I think part of the neighbour's actions may be due to stress, anxiety, which may be spoiling her life - although of course it does not comeout like that, it comes out as anger and horrible language.

Just a thought. Gnasher, I also agree with Ben over the Ben training

Wys
x
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 01:17 PM
In that case I have failed!

rune

It would seem you have
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
Well, I've just read all the way through this thread and my eyes are hurtey

It's hard to comment on for all sorts of reasons but I think one of the main problems might be that we forget the chemical actions in the body when this sort of thing happens.

I had problems with my neighbours when I was in my ground floor garden flat - various problems including boundary dispute (with a neighbour I'd previously got on with) and a dispute over noise (upstairs blokey took his carpet up and I could hear everything, so I had to get my solicitor to make him put it back, as he ignored my friendly requests).

Bottom line isthat my little home turned into such a horrible place andevery time I drove up the road, I had all this adrenalin and stress in my system.

I think part of the neighbour's actions may be due to stress, anxiety, which may be spoiling her life - although of course it does not comeout like that, it comes out as anger and horrible language.

Just a thought. Gnasher, I also agree with Ben over the Ben training

Wys
x

Well thanx for that Wys. I had wondered whether the poor woman was just plain petrified of Ben. I find there are 2 sorts of people regarding my boys - they either go bonkers over them and say what gorgeous dogs, what are they, where did you get them from, or they are petrified. Thankfully, it is virtually always the first, but it could be that she is just plain scared of Ben. Fear makes you react in very strange ways. Fear could very well result in stress. I will try to be a good christian and turn the other cheek, but I will not put up with her slandering me, so no pun intended, but I think I will just let sleeping dogs lie for the moment.

Can't wait for my 2 week holiday when I intend to do some serious 1:1 with Ben on the lead. OH doesn't have time to walk them separately, and Ben is crying out for some 1:1. I have a hunch on his own he won't be half as DA, I have more than a hunch than Tai is encouraging him. I am going to do some shopping around for a dog behaviourist when I get some time to myself.

Thanx for your encouraging words! And I am sorry to hear about your stressful situation xx gnasher xx
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 04:27 PM
I think they must have felt horrible that their dog was attacked like that and so I can understand what happened at the time. After that you changed the fencing and have given insurance details...so basically the situation is dealt with.

Then you have a separate situation which is that you have a neighbour hurting your dogs if they go to certain parts of your garden?
hurling abuse at you when they see you in the garden?

As much as you have a responsibility so do they. It's not ok to scream and shout and swear and threaten people in their gardens.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 05:16 PM
I don't think you can judge from one side of any story----can you?

rune
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 05:56 PM
I don't think you can judge from one side of any story----can you?

rune
Who's judging? Sorry, I wasn't quoted and could be wrong but your post came after mine, so do you mean me?

All I'm saying is that its not ok to abuse people. FACT. Neither is it ok to have a dog able to abuse the neighbours dog. FACT. One issue has been as resolved as far as it can be, as far as any of us know Gnasher apologised, the costs are covered and the fencing has been changed to prevent this happening again. Hopefully Ben will be kept on a lead at ALL times now, unless in a secure environment. The neighbour shouting and swearing and sticking a broom through the fence..we only have Gnashers word for that and if thats the case, its an issue that needs to be addressed and behaviour that isnt acceptable.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 06:31 PM
As far as any of us know is the point----I am sorry but judging by past events it is very difficult to tell fact from fiction in this persons case.

Various contradictory posts have been on various threads so IME I would not trust that what is said is either the whole story or the one you would get from the neighbour.

However---thats my take on it---doesn't have to be anyone elses.

rune
Page 18 of 51 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 > Last »