View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 12:54 AM

There is little miss with a snack she got for herself!!

She ate a bit, let Ben get some then hid it somewhere on the walk - I hope some poor fox had a nice surprise easy dinner (I didnt encourage her to get the rabbit - by the sounds of it (no running noises) bunny jumped between her paws and she pounced)
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by SmokeyRabbit View Post
Being vegetarian i am not a raw feeder,my boy has it out a tin(butchers), but know of people that do raw feed and keeping pet rabbits that would definitely be a no go,i dont even buy tinned food that flavour - personal choice.
I am a pescatarian (only eat fish, no other meat), I am a raw feeder, have 4 pet rabbits, Teg has eaten rabbit (with fur on), I haven't got any for Hocus to try yet, Teg doesn't think of my pet rabbits any differently than he did before he had rabbit.
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 07:41 AM
And as you can see they are terrified of him
Two of them were out this day and one was sat touching noses and nibbling Tegs tail, wish I'd got a pic of that!

Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post

There is little miss with a snack she got for herself!!

She ate a bit, let Ben get some then hid it somewhere on the walk - I hope some poor fox had a nice surprise easy dinner (I didnt encourage her to get the rabbit - by the sounds of it (no running noises) bunny jumped between her paws and she pounced)
That looks a good sized rabbit Mia got for herself!

Mine have caught a couple in the past 10 days but I never allow them to eat anything they catch there and then (unless they dig a vole up), and they never offer to anyway.

Unfortunately at this time of year, there are lots of baby/young rabbits about who havent learnt the rules of the land yet and seem to be quite easy to catch.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 07:58 AM
Flynn with a trotter (well, it was a bit more than a trotter, more like a whole leg!)

Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Do you manage ok feeding rabbits with fur etc when you have them?

I want to get rabbits like that for Jake, but I'm not sure if I can handle it Especially because they are so big, I would need to half them... I am sure I would eventually get used to it, like I got used to hacking up chickens But still, wondered how you find it...
I was all for feeding rabbits (with fur) to mine, then leanne offered me a pregnant bunny (which I turned down!!) but for some reason it has really put me off feeding rabbit now! Maybe in a few months I'll get over the thought!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Oh no! I didnt mean to put you off bunnies altogether!

I managed to gain another pregnant rabbit too
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Oh no! I didnt mean to put you off bunnies altogether!

I managed to gain another pregnant rabbit too
Can you tell when they eat them?

Don't worry, I'll get over it lol... Though mine do keep catching and eating baby rabbits (apart from mav who carries them around gently while still alive until they die of shock!!)
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
Don't worry, I'll get over it lol... Though mine do keep catching and eating baby rabbits (apart from mav who carries them around gently while still alive until they die of shock!!)
Jake catches babies too... I would rather it was adults and not wee babies... He actually brought one into Paddy's owners house (she was getting ready to go to a funeral!) and in comes Jake from the garden with an alive baby rabbit in his mouth It died from shock a few minutes later though...

I don't think I could feed a pregnant bunny, or a baby...
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 08:19 PM
So far, I havent fed a pregnant rabbit to the dogs but I will be sawing it in thirds in a couple of weeks. I did manage to gut it without having to see the babies.
Page 18 of 20 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 >