Her meds are
Urinaid/ 1.5 a day
seraquin/ 1 a day
tavagil /1 twice a day
zubrin/ one 200mg a day
vicutan/ (for her skin)liquid pump
synulox/ tablets half twice a day

I going to go down to supermarket and see what i can hunt out ,
yeah i pretty tired cause tanya unwell too ,but i got to try and get lady eating something
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 12:59 PM
but grains that contain gluten, eg wheat, oats, rye and barley are IMO best avoided.

Why should gluten be avoided by dogs specifically?

Also, oats are not the same as wheat, barley and rye,; the issue with gluten with oats is that they are usually contaminated by gluten from other cereals which are grown and harvested with them.

So for example, many people with coeliac disease can consume oats (as long as they are also not intolerant to avenin, the oat protein)!
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
but grains that contain gluten, eg wheat, oats, rye and barley are IMO best avoided.

Why should gluten be avoided by dogs specifically?

Also, oats are not the same as wheat, barley and rye,; the issue with gluten with oats is that they are usually contaminated by gluten from other cereals which are grown and harvested with them.

So for example, many people with coeliac disease can consume oats (as long as they are also not intolerant to avenin, the oat protein)!

WOW all this oats and grains and wheat stuff really got me confused ,
all i know for sure is lady can have rice .
I have just been to the supermarket and got some diced turkey ,so cooking that now and i will offer her very little bits , she has just been sick but i guess thats cause she hasnt eaten i think ???????
vet said if this test comes back possitive then that would explain her drinking .
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Right i just phoned vets up and they said they have both the bowel and ladys cushings test results back , but there are no vets there at the moment , so they will call me back within the next hour , wow i am soo nervous now
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2011, 04:55 PM
fingers crossed! x
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Poor Lady and poor you. Things are really rough at the moment for you and Lady and Tanya and I do hope things improve over the next few days for all of you. Hope the vet will be able to give you some positive news. xx
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Okay just heard back from the vets ,
good news no campylobacter it was just a very nasty tummy bug .
Now cushings NEGATIVE
i really wanted something to show up ,all that she went through for nothing
vet is putting her on another week of antibiotics then another urine sample , and if she still having problems they strat looking into other things
she is soo stressed out after all this .
i am feeling pretty rubbish at the moment ,i have put lady through all that , i feel so guilty
dont even want to think about how much its all going to cost
And she still wont eat
Thankyou guys for all your support
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Oh goodness what a worry. All that for negative results but unfortunately it had to be tested and you certainly shouldn't be feeling guilty as all you are doing is trying to find out what is wrong and to make her better. Fingers crossed that another week of abs will have some effect.
Lots of hugs xx
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Lady is worse this morning ,she is having problems with her leg ,she is still wagging her tail and trying to her normal self ,but she is also constantly rubbing her bum on the floor and has made herself really sore ,she is off down to vets again this morning ,
she still wont eat .
i have taken a few second video of her limping on her leg ,would be really greatfull if you could take a look .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C54jT3Tpxk
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Hey everyone just nicely got back from the vets
he has given her some fuciderm cream to spread around her bum cause she is really sore ,he is also upping her tavegil tablets to 1 and half twice a day ,she is now on a higer dose of of synulox tablets ,she can start back on her painkillers (zubrin) ,she is nearly walking on 3 legs all the time today ,she is in quite a bit of pain from her leg .
He is also changing her diet from Hills wd to hills zd ultra ,
She still isnt eating and i cant give her painkillers untill she does .
I am stuck now i really dont know what to do
Page 18 of 29 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 > Last »