Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Vikki123 View Post
I was basically saying that once a standard exists the kennel club decide if they allow it to be a pedigree:

Thats not what you were saying at all, you said the KC invented breed standards

"The Kennel Club General Committee will consider an application for recognition of a breed once there are specimens of it resident in the UK." http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/603

That's true, but thats a far cry from the "inventing " breed standards.

This bit is relevant..

Breed Standard from country of origin and date of first internationally recognised standard

The breed in question must already be bred true to breed standard, our kc do not register many old breeds , not because they dont beleive they are not a breed, but due to numbers, a new breed (to our country, not in breeds infancy) must numerically fit the criteria for registration, they will go in the "import register first, till they are enough in numbers to qualify , that does not mean the KC writes the breed standard.

So maybe one day the labradoodles, cockerpoos, etc could become pedigrees, if breeders keep records of pedigree certs, health implications, etc.
No, they will never become pedigrees, because most dont get passed F1`S, and as such will never be enough numbers that breed to a "standard"

A breed has to breed to uniformity, till you get that, and a standard set down, you will never get recognition.

You implied the KC was the reason breeds are as they are today, thats not true, breeds are as such, because of those who breed to the standard.

The KC is merely a club, that "holds" the breed standards, they dont make them
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
No, they will never become pedigrees, because most dont get passed F1`S, and as such will never be enough numbers that breed to a "standard"

A breed has to breed to uniformity, till you get that, and a standard set down, you will never get recognition.

You implied the KC was the reason breeds are as they are today, thats not true, breeds are as such, because of those who breed to the standard.

The KC is merely a club, that "holds" the breed standards, they dont make them
Theyve actually managed to breed to F3 i think I read, but they cant conform and no-one wants them. It is only the F1s that are selling.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

02-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle
I paid more for Zeff....he is a cross, although that was a bit different.

I have no issue with X's being charged the same as peds....the work that goes in to raising a litter is the same and if health tests are done they have cost the same as well.
That's very interesting, wouldn`t it be interesting to see if you theory was right,

Add in paper,

Little of crossbred pups, mum poodle dad lab.... £150

Little of crossbred pups, mum poodle dad lab.... £700

Litter of Labradoodles , £700

I wonder how many people would see the first add , and pay accordingly, because they where crossbreeds, or pay the 700 because they were Doodles!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

02-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
Theyve actually managed to breed to F3 i think I read, but they cant conform and no-one wants them. It is only the F1s that are selling.
yes, I know, but they are not enough in numbers , or breed enough to type, to set them on their way to being a pedigree breed.

P.S plus, I think you have to get further than an f3 to establish a breed.
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by animal-lover View Post
And thats what some folk have the problem with.
Think its a bit of the green eyed monster coming out as crossbreeds are getting more and more popular.
Hope it continues this way too.
lmao you cant be serious about the green eyed monster. cant you see its because we are destroying everything they have built upon, and for what? Something a bit different. Something that is now no longer different and every tom dick and harry own and many cant manage. How many doodle crosses do you meet that arent matted? How many fully understand a poodle coat?

When bred correctly yes. But with so many around it doesnt appear many look for those who are trying to breed responsibly. Bet you on classifieds theres more crosses for sale than peds. And none will be health tested and they will probably be from poor examples of the original breed and be full of lies.

How I wish for honesty so at least those interested know exactly what they're getting. I dont object to crossbreeding its the sweeping statements that give us a bad name I hate.

I wish the doodle owners would open there eyes. There will be repercussions of the fad, we just dont know them yet.
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2011, 08:46 PM
yes, I know, but they are not enough in numbers , or breed enough to type, to set them on their way to being a pedigree breed.

P.S plus, I think you have to get further than an f3 to establish a breed.
Exactly, entirely right. Theres no way they will become a breed because of those breeding them.

And i think its F5 isn't it? 5 generation? Not sure. But they wont get there. Nor will they sell them based on the arguements made. Which could be seen to be a good thing or a bad.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

02-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by animal-lover
And thats what some folk have the problem with.
Think its a bit of the green eyed monster coming out as crossbreeds are getting more and more popular.
Hope it continues this way too
thats a good one.

Crossbreeds becoming more popular.

Mmmmmmmmmm, funny that thought they where always plentiful???
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2011, 08:48 PM
That's very interesting, wouldn`t it be interesting to see if you theory was right,

Add in paper,

Little of crossbred pups, mum poodle dad lab.... £150

Little of crossbred pups, mum poodle dad lab.... £700

Litter of Labradoodles , £700

I wonder how many people would see the first add , and pay accordingly, because they where crossbreeds, or pay the 700 because they were Doodles!!
Its hard to say unless comparing the breeder. Same with any dog. The difference in peds can be the same as we all know. I would be looking to see where the value comes from.

But thats just me.
animal-lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Spend it how you like - doesnt bother me! LOL
Some pedigree dogs are in a sticky place, no-one said different but doesnt mean all crosses are healthy.

Poodles and CCs can both suffer some of the same eye disease - put them together and their off spring if parents are not tested can be just as unhealthy as untested dogs from a pure bred mating.
I dont know if your dogs parents were tested or not - as one min their rescues next their from reputal breeders (what ever one of them is thats crossing)
A number of my dogs are rescued,i dont have to prove anything to anyone.
Who the hell do you think you are !
You are only still a child you need to get your head out of the sand and be more grown up.
Yes two of my dogs are not health tested who gives a hoot i love them no matter what!
One of my doodles is health tested and i can go back over 10 generations thanks.
The Toy Poodle has got all his pedigree paperwork and he is a bad example to the breed in my eyes.
He has been nothing but sick and poorly.
So if our dog's aren't health tested they are the scum of the earth,how sad are you.
Whats in a piece of paper some of this crap can been false in my eyes anyway.
Its more important to love and care for a dog until its life is over.
By the way why do you own a Border Collie what purpose does this have ?
Do you live on a farm and round sheep up with it ?
No i didn't think so....
Did you come out of the womb knowing everything about everyone or are you just a stalker ?????
animal-lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
lmao you cant be serious about the green eyed monster. cant you see its because we are destroying everything they have built upon, and for what? Something a bit different. Something that is now no longer different and every tom dick and harry own and many cant manage. How many doodle crosses do you meet that arent matted? How many fully understand a poodle coat?

When bred correctly yes. But with so many around it doesnt appear many look for those who are trying to breed responsibly. Bet you on classifieds theres more crosses for sale than peds. And none will be health tested and they will probably be from poor examples of the original breed and be full of lies.

How I wish for honesty so at least those interested know exactly what they're getting. I dont object to crossbreeding its the sweeping statements that give us a bad name I hate.

I wish the doodle owners would open there eyes. There will be repercussions of the fad, we just dont know them yet.
Fully understand my dogs coats i own a poodle too.
None of my dogs coats are matted because i am responible dog owner thank you.
Page 18 of 28 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »